Throttle up= Engine cut off

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boz2841

Reaction score
I have a 99 Vmax with 2500 miles on it. I rode homw last week and it run beautifully like always. Unfortunately now after having sat a week without riding it I can get it to start with the choke on but if I give it throttle or let up on the choke the engine will cut off. I have no Idea why and don't know what to do. Any ideas are greatly appreated.

Do you use ethanol? How does your fuel filter look?

Try doing the Peashooter first as it sounds like your pilot circuit is dirty. Link for that is under Pauls Precision Shims in VMF Links.

"Do you use ethanol?"

Mark..it ain't like we have a choice....the commissars in Tassahallee have decided they know what's best for us...SO......

Boz...Check your inline filter, first...recently changing mine made a LOT of difference in how mine starts/performs ... also might need to set the a/f mix screws out a little more then before the ethanol came around... Use Seafoam in every tankful..at least 2-3 ozs.... Welcome to the forum btw...

Waiting (very impatiently) as to what the VMOA has to say about Seafoam & ethanol... if n' when they ever get their latest 'VBoost' issue delivered to their membership...

Philthy

Back