Tinted fly screen

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Reaction score
Thinking of replacing the stock Yammie shield with a tinted fly screen, they are a lot more attractive and do wonders for the lines.
Who is a good supplier to deal with for these?

thanks,
dan

I didn't realize how bad the small Yamaha screen that I had was until I changed bikes. The little one looks cool, reduced the blast on my chest, but damn the turbulent flow right under the chin on my helmet was brutal.

Much, much quieter and pleasant to ride with a decent small screen.

I didn't realize how bad the small Yamaha screen that I had was until I changed bikes. The little one looks cool, reduced the blast on my chest, but damn the turbulent flow right under the chin on my helmet was brutal.

Much, much quieter and pleasant to ride with a decent small screen.

Ahhh, hadn't thought of that. I had a bike a few years ago that had that strong updraft, blew my mustache hairs up my nose and tickled like hell!! I know, too much information right? :rofl_200:
Thanks for the info, think I'll stick with the stock Yammie shield, it's calm and quiet and I can live with the looks.

dan

Ahhh, hadn't thought of that. I had a bike a few years ago that had that strong updraft, blew my mustache hairs up my nose and tickled like hell!! I know, too much information right? :rofl_200:
Thanks for the info, think I'll stick with the stock Yammie shield, it's calm and quiet and I can live with the looks.

dan

Maybe if you can find a buddy that has one installed and see if you like it. From what I've read, my helmet (Shoei X11) seems to be pretty susceptible to turbulence in the chin area, and I definitely noticed it. Earplugs were a must for 50+ mph riding after installing the small Yamaha screen for me.

Helmets are different. People are different (sizes), so your mileage may vary.

I'd bet money that, screen or no screen, the new Max (if it had any time in the wind tunnel) will be much quieter from a turbulence standpoint than the current VMax.

Maybe if you can find a buddy that has one installed and see if you like it. From what I've read, my helmet (Shoei X11) seems to be pretty susceptible to turbulence in the chin area, and I definitely noticed it. Earplugs were a must for 50+ mph riding after installing the small Yamaha screen for me.

Helmets are different. People are different (sizes), so your mileage may vary.

I'd bet money that, screen or no screen, the new Max (if it had any time in the wind tunnel) will be much quieter from a turbulence standpoint than the current VMax.

No buddies with max's, in fact-no max's at all around here, far as I know I'm the only one.
Even the hint of earplugs does it for me, my ears are pretty well shot as it is, too many years of choppers, jackhammers, heavy equip--they took their toll.
Bet you're right about the '09, one of the items I'm sure they addressed in the design. Well, maybe someday.

Back