Tires for 18 inch rims

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No radials available in the stock front size of 110/90-18. I have a 110/80-18 on mine. It is about 9/10" shorter than stock. The 120/70-18 is about 1.2" shorter than stock. I will not get the 120 due to the rim size. I did buy an 85 front rim that I was going to sent to Kosman to widen but haven't got the funds yet. Then will be able to mount the 120 tire.

How is that one working out for you? The 110/80-18?

How is that one working out for you? The 110/80-18?

Works fine. Since it is a little smaller than stock, the speedo is off a little. (Reads a little faster) Other than that, I really can't tell any difference. Maybe riding back to back with stock I would be able to. Supposedly being shorter the bike should turn in a little quicker but I can't tell. Go to my album and you can see what the tires and wheels look like.

Eric what ever radial tire you go with its gonna be a 1000% better. I think it was the best mod I've done so far,& I have a fair amount of mods. IMHO I think 18" is the better choice & 18" radial market is getting better though not as sellect as the 17". I have the 110/80/18 on the front, yes its not as wide as I would like but im very happy with it & of course 180/55/18 on the rear

my brother has a bt016 in 110/80-18 on his front and really likes it, the 110 can be done, mushrooms a bit but not nearly as bad as compared to a 120. having mounted his tire for him i could tell it needed a larger rim, if i had a stock sized front rim i'd try to find a 100 as it will probably sit the best.

if you goto a 3.5" front you can do a 130/70 front and the speedo is right back on again.

I just bought 18" rims yesterday with Metzlers on them. The rear has a 200 on it. It was on a VMax previously and it fit, although the extreme edges had to be shaved for it to fit. I'll get some photos posted this weekend after I install them if you are interested.

my brother has a bt016 in 110/80-18 on his front and really likes it, the 110 can be done, mushrooms a bit but not nearly as bad as compared to a 120. having mounted his tire for him i could tell it needed a larger rim, if i had a stock sized front rim i'd try to find a 100 as it will probably sit the best.

if you goto a 3.5" front you can do a 130/70 front and the speedo is right back on again.

Thanks for the info, I will check with Sean, but I know the Boxenstopp has a 3.75 inch X 18 inch rim for 685.30.

I just bought 18" rims yesterday with Metzlers on them. The rear has a 200 on it. It was on a VMax previously and it fit, although the extreme edges had to be shaved for it to fit. I'll get some photos posted this weekend after I install them if you are interested.

Thank you that would help a lot. Just trying to get all of my ducks in a row, BEFORE I pull the trigger on something.

By the way, John Furbur / Sportmax has some more used 18" rims in stock if you are looking. That's where I got mine yesterday. I think he's got a pair in chrome and a pair (or 2) in polished Aluminum.
That's quite a shop he's got too! I'm lucky to be local to him so I could go check it out!

By the way, John Furbur / Sportmax has some more used 18" rims in stock if you are looking. That's where I got mine yesterday. I think he's got a pair in chrome and a pair (or 2) in polished Aluminum.
That's quite a shop he's got too! I'm lucky to be local to him so I could go check it out!

That's kinda close to me might be worth a trip $$$$$

Bring cash! He does not accept checks and charges 3% for credit cards. I spent over 50% of the purchase price of my bike on "goodies" while I was there! (Bad mod monkey, BAD!)

Here are the 18" rims with tires...
2013-09-06153716_zps2e4e4ed5.jpg

...and here you can see how the edge was shaved on the rear. More photos when mounted, hopefully tomorrow.
2013-09-06153732_zpsca3359cf.jpg

They are Metzler ME880s, btw.

nice rims i'd like to see the drive side of the rear wheel to see how its machined/welded up.

also depending on the rim width a 190 may fit better in there and you wouldn't have to shave it. may even look wider do to sitting correctly. once agian depends on width.

i'd be a bit apprehensive about the offset if a 200x 18 fits in a stock swingarm.

Wow,
fitting the 200 is not for the faint of heart! I wish I had gotten about a 180 instead. I'll start a new thread on this rather than continuing to hijack your thread.

Back