Torgue setting for oil bolt

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what the torgue setting is for the oil change bolt ??? Is there a torgues setting for oil filter?

Thanks

I use a new crush washer on my oil pan bolt every time as well. I just use TIGHT on that bolt though. The filter is till it hits and then one full turn. Not lost one yet.

good point i use a new washer each time too.

I use a new crush washer on my oil pan bolt every time as well. I just use TIGHT on that bolt though. The filter is till it hits and then one full turn. Not lost one yet.

I'm on my 2nd one since I had the bike. Maybe that's where my oil is going. :)

Drain bolt, with a 3/8 ratchet handle, tight. Oil filter hand tighten until it touches and then go 1 turn further by hand. Just the way I do things and knock on wood never had a problem.

There's a crush washer for the oil pan drain bolt? :ummm:

Give a guy a heads up eh!!:clapping: Anyone got a part number? (guess I could just go look, lol)

most yama dealers have 'em in stock. i usually buy 5 at a time. same crush washer for the rear diff (drain and fill) and water pump

most yama dealers have 'em in stock. i usually buy 5 at a time. same crush washer for the rear diff (drain and fill) and water pump
Awe crap, I've had ALL those out TWICE now and never even realized! Well, only had the water pump drain bolt out once....:rofl_200:

most people don't replace 'em. my buddies make fun of me for doing it. oh well piece of mind.

It uses the same one as my SV1000S so I have a bag full of them.

You can get them from Mondak as well.

Chris

Didn't know there was one on the fill bolt for the final drive. I just changed the fluid last week for the firtst time since I had the bike and didn't see one :confused2::confused2:. Bike has 5K miles on it. Supposed the PO had the dealer change the diff oil prior to the sale. The stuff I drained out of there looked bad. Lots of junk stuck to the magnetic plug. I was surprised by the condition of the fluid. Had I not read about that here on the forum I would have worried after seeing it.

Didn't know there was one on the fill bolt for the final drive. I just changed the fluid last week for the firtst time since I had the bike and didn't see one :confused2::confused2:. Bike has 5K miles on it. Supposed the PO had the dealer change the diff oil prior to the sale. The stuff I drained out of there looked bad. Lots of junk stuck to the magnetic plug. I was surprised by the condition of the fluid. Had I not read about that here on the forum I would have worried after seeing it.

Those washers press onto the bolt pretty tightly and can easily be overlooked....chances are there was one there and you just didn't notice it. Change it again in 1K or so and see how the magnet looks.

I just replaced my engine oil drain plug with the rear drain plug with magnet. Not sure why they don't come that way from the factory....they should.

Back