Trick for reinstalling hose onto rear of airbox?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFleshRocket

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have any tips for installing the hose that connects to the rear underside of the airbox? It's a pain to try to wife my fingers far up enough between the carbs to push up on the hose so it slides onto the airbox. Even pulling up on the hose, it oy stretches maybe 2" above the carbs--not far enough to attach it without the airbox just about attached to the carbs.

Additionally, mine doesn't have a clamp on it, but it looks like it did. I feel like I should get another clamp but I have no idea how I'd get pliers in their to move it into place.

Do you guys have any tips for installing the hose that connects to the rear underside of the airbox

I replaced mine with some heater hose - the thicker wall prevents it concertinering as you push the air box down. Use a screwdriver to get the hose located on to the spigot then just push.

Job sorted!

the po of my max put on a screw type clamp on that hose. it either takes a flat head, or a 1/4" socket and long extension to tighten it up, but i leave it a little tight and just slip in on and off with a really long skinny flat head screw driver, by either very slightly prying up or down on the clamp and the hose slides right off, or right back on in just half a sec. it takes longer to line it up to put it back on than it does to actually slide it on or off, lol.

I remove the coolant reservoir, and use a long pair of needle nose pliers. Pull the hose up and attach it then seat the air box.

Ditto.

And mine does have a clamp on it.

Back