ufo exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyder13

Reaction score
Just how loud is the slash cut UFO exhaust compared to 2 inch baffle Kerker? Ufo looks good.

It is a lot louder. You might not even be able to hear the Kerker!

I just install a Mark's exhaust w/ 12" cans and they are loud! People say they can hear me coming 3 miles away and I live in a thick forested rural area. If the UFO's are much louder than Mark's I'm not sure I would like them. Hearing protection will be mandatory whenever I ride this year even with my new quiet Vemar helmet. When I open the face shield the sound goes up by 10 decibels!

would you say the ufo is as loud as open headers? I could handle it but wont be long till the cops are after me

There is a difference between straight headers or the slash cut with no baffle & the slash cut with the baffle. The baffle is about 7 in long & less than 1/2 in thick but it does make a difference. Hearing protection may be an option for a passenger but its not that bad for me when Im by myself. Bridges, tunnels (I like those the best) & buildings give me a better idea of how loud it really is.

I have the UFO Quadzilla's. there isn't that many Maxes here in Hawaii for me to compare to but my friends tell me my bike is louder than the Harley's with straight pipes here:whistlin::hmmm:

Attachments

• Jan 4, 09.jpg
    Jan 4, 09.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Jan 17,09 L.jpg
    Jan 17,09 L.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 43
My personal opinion is that they are STUPID loud and sound awful. Reminded me of hearing an old Ford Pinto with a rusted out exhaust system on it. Not bad at idle but raspy as hell once you got on the throttle. Of course this is just my opinion, and opinions are like arseholes, we all have one and they all stink.

Dont let someone talk you out of something. if you want it go get it. Jon with UFO has answered my phone calls & my questions. It does help to hear what the pipe will sound like in person, but sound clips give you the general idea. You know what you like. My pipe does cackle A bit to much for me from about 4000 down anything above that & its musical. But then again I didnt buy my bike to putt around on. I think I have a cackle fix in mind........ Go get one........ but thats just my opinion

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back