USD Forks and rake

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJ RJ RJ

Reaction score
Hey guys, whats your thoughts on reducing rake by having custom triple trees made.
Is it done? who has done it? what parts ar available to do it?
I want to go USD but also to reduce rake a bit.

Most trees are made to increase rake in the tree which ends up reducing trail and is not a very good idea. Reducing trail can make this squirrelly bike even more squirrelly.

Using the tree to reduce rake and increase trail is something I've never heard of but to do it I think you would for sure need to go to a 17" wheel and a low profile radial to regain the clearance from the radiator. no idea how it would handle tho'

Rusty

Ya, now that im re looking at a steering geometry skimatic (from an aprilia book.) i think what im asking is dumb... If the neck moves (from lowering the front and say raising the rear, rotating the frame forward) then it makes sence but why? anyway thanks
Im going to scrounge some usd forks over the next few months and see what i can do....

As I remember my r1 tripples are actually less rake in the tripple then the stock vmax tripples. Bike handles and rides (rode) fine.

Sean Morley

Ya, now that im re looking at a steering geometry skimatic (from an aprilia book.) i think what im asking is dumb... If the neck moves (from lowering the front and say raising the rear, rotating the frame forward) then it makes sence but why? anyway thanks
Im going to scrounge some usd forks over the next few months and see what i can do....

Furber sells frames that have the neck deraked, I believe. He has more details on his website. I don't have the link handy, but Google Sportmax.

Back