v-boost different years?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tugla

Reaction score
I was wondering are the v-boost valves all the same for every year vmax?? Thought i saw somewhere the 85's were different im sure it was a line sean m wrote. was looking at a set on ebay from a 86 and wondering if it could be put onto the 97??

I am not 100% positive but I think they went 1mm bigger in 86 and then stayed there for the rest of the model years.

i think the vboost assembly got bigger from 87 on, to cope with a smaller exhaust?

I am not 100% positive but I think they went 1mm bigger in 86 and then stayed there for the rest of the model years.

sweet, wondering if opening them up more would make any difference? anybody try that :ummm:

can you confirm that after 87 they chg to larger ones.... or would better exhaust and the pre 87 work just fine for power making?

A great combo is the 85 exhaust on an 86 or newer model. From what I have been told it is a pretty good HP increase due to the 85 having 1 less baffle. They added the baffle and increased the Vboost port sizes to compensate in 86.

the 85's must sound a little different then with 1 less baffle. guess they were trying to make them more quite after that:ummm:

No, 85's had better exhaust. Later years had 1 mm bigger vboost so it all equals out.

i take it just the mufflers chg not the head pipes? thx for the info guys

Fact: The 97 model has the biggest cams, v-boost tubes, headers, valves, and carb settings of all. Thats why that year was so sought after, highest HP of all years. I got one, another reason why I can't be caught! Plus the V-Boost came on at 3500 instead if 3K.

Fact: The 97 model has the biggest cams, v-boost tubes, headers, valves, and carb settings of all. Thats why that year was so sought after, highest HP of all years. I got one, another reason why I can't be caught! Plus the V-Boost came on at 3500 instead if 3K.
:clapping::rofl_200:good one :punk:

The 2000 model year made in 1999 is the fastest/highest horsepower Vmax........

Everyone at Yamaha thought the world was going to end, so they pulled out all the stops!!!!!
:rofl_200:

The 2000 model year made in 1999 is the fastest/highest horsepower Vmax........

Everyone at Yamaha thought the world was going to end, so they pulled out all the stops!!!!!
:rofl_200:

I remember that! As I recall the dealers were giving away water, flashlights and generators with purchase of a Y2K vmax.:clapping:

I remember that! As I recall the dealers were giving away water, flashlights and generators with purchase of a Y2K vmax.:clapping:
they should have givin' some gas and oil instead, come on whats more useful when you have a y2k max???:punk:

Back