V-boost servo motor

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcavazos

Reaction score
So in working my other carb tuning issues and finaly getting my 85 to run right, the vboost servo motor stopped closing. It only opens. Tested with the service manual instructions and I cant get 7.5 kOhm out of the pot. Am I going crazy or do I just need yo replace this thing? Thank you.

Last edited:
As it will open then that would imply that the motor is OK; I assume closing is achieved by reversing the polarity?
Have you checked the motor operation with a battery as described in the Service Manual (p7-76) and does it open/ close with reversed polarity?

If you can get it to open and close then the problem lies elsewhere so start by checking the continuity of the wiring before moving on to the controller.

Sometimes re soldering the board connections to the plug works.

Motor is fine. Potentiometer is definitely not reading it's full range. It maxes out around 3500 ohms. Is the controller looking for that pot value? Why else would it be there? I looked at the controller board but can't find anything that doesn't look right. Or maybe the pot means nothing and it is the board. I haven't been able to find anyone talking about the potentiometer.

You are saying that the motor opens and closes?
When it opens are the V Boost butterflies fully open?
If so then IMO the motor is working as it should.
In that case you need to establish why it isn't getting the signal to close.

So I triple verified the motor and everything else. I suck at soldering so I was trying to avoid messing with the vboost controller. I tried to hit the joints again with a soldering iron and it got worse at first but would work perfectly if I held the wires just right. So I brought it to work and had a buddy actually re-solder the wires for me and it worked like a champ. Xnever would have thought a perfectly good looking solder joint would be a problem. This bike and I are both almost 40 so I get it. My check knees light stopped blinking a decade ago and now it's just solid. 🤣
These forums are just a ridiculous amount of help! 🤘😎🤘

Using the library of prior posts to search the threads can be very helpful. May I make a suggestion, consider making a donation to be come a 'supporting member' and help to keep the site alive.

I use multiple terms when searching for something, and you don't need to say, "how do I... ." Just type-in a word or a short description (ex.: VBoost; or fuel tank reserve; or a helpful one when trying to get your switches squared away, pod or switch.

Latest posts

Back