V-boost with a morley jet kit?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right. So slides. If I have them drilled I should have a faster throttle response? What can go wrong by drilling them? I'll probabaly never remove the kit from the bike, so thats not an issue.

TO DRILL OR NOT TO DRILL, THAT IS THE QUESTION?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picture401.jpg

Drill it is then! I'm a bit worried I'm catching the max modding bug here!:biglaugh:

My old bike had morley's kit along with open vboost....just need to tune for it. Usually got 40-45 highway.

My take on it is that they are carburetors so they are never going to be perfect, I have Sean's kit and love it and I drilled my slides and have the stage 7 needles and springs and it is crisp but it is a little fat in the midrange (I have a wideband O2) but the bike runs very well... I tried the open Vboost and even after playing with the paj and needle position the mileage sucked balls for no performance increase. I love the way it sounds with the Vboost open though so what I do is sync my cabs with it closed and then I adjust it to where when it cycles when you tun the key it will go full open, then full closed, then crack open just a pinch... i adjust mine to where when in goes full closed that it just barely goes full closed, that way when it cracks open just a pinch it's got the Vboost open a little so you get kind of a choppy idle. I think the way it cracks open just a pinch is just meant to take the slack out of the cable but like I said I have mine set to open the Vboost a little and I still pull 45mpg if I ride at around 60mph and I've went 11.40's and I weighed 293lbs in all my gear so that's not too shabby.

The Morley kit already comes with shorter and softer springs, why drill the slides? It can run with or without the v-boost always on. Unplugging the v-boost takes a couple of minutes, to stay open that is. When you sync, you'll have a way easier time with the boost closed. There is a thread here about how to do it.It's very easy. I like the throttle responce without the slides drilled.I can't speak for drilled slides. All I can say is the kit gives the bike incredible midrange.
Steve-o

steve my slides are drilled, so u have ridden a bike with drilled slides.

The Morley kit already comes with shorter and softer springs, why drill the slides? It can run with or without the v-boost always on. Unplugging the v-boost takes a couple of minutes, to stay open that is. When you sync, you'll have a way easier time with the boost closed. There is a thread here about how to do it.It's very easy. I like the throttle responce without the slides drilled.I can't speak for drilled slides. All I can say is the kit gives the bike incredible midrange.
Steve-o

Quote from the instructions , " Faster Throttle Response " . Why go the expense and trouble of installing the kit and arbitrarily leave a step out , when the mfg. spells it out for you ? He even provides the drill bit in the kit .

All I can say your bike ran good then, Garrett. I did take Mark'e up to 130mph though. I had to check my work. Where's the drill from the kit now?

sitting in my basement.

All I can say your bike ran good then, Garrett. I did take Mark'e up to 130mph though. I had to check my work. Where's the drill from the kit now?

You had my bike at 130mph?? Oh yeah I was following you on yours lol. Garrett he did say mine was faster than yours :eusa_dance: just kidding lol.
I think I am using different springs than you are. Your using stock ones that are tied up correct?
I haven't really got to enjoy the bike I have 2 kidney stones and the weather has been shitty. But I'm on vacation for the next 2 weeks so I'm hoping to ride a shit load.
We have to get together again real soon :punk:

You had my bike at 130mph?? Oh yeah I was following you on yours lol. Garrett he did say mine was faster than yours :eusa_dance: just kidding lol.
I think I am using different springs than you are. Your using stock ones that are tied up correct?
I haven't really got to enjoy the bike I have 2 kidney stones and the weather has been shitty. But I'm on vacation for the next 2 weeks so I'm hoping to ride a shit load.
We have to get together again real soon :punk:
Yes , but only for a short period at 130. I have no doubt yours is faster than mine. It's a rocket!

Latest posts

Back