V-Gas and Frame Braces

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoove

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just purchases a set of frame braces and found out that my V-Gas carbs are in the way so I cant mount them. Has anyone found a set that work with the V-gas carburetors installed?

Essentially they cross in the same space occupied by the rear carburetor making it impossible to bolt them in place. The only quick fix would be notching the brace which negates the purpose of the brace. I was thinking perhaps someone made some that mounted lower on the top frame than what I purchased. I have seen a few bikes with different frame braces that mount lower that would work but have no idea who makes them.

Don't know what braces you have but maybe the weld on braces would work. They attach at a lower point in the back than the bolt on braces.

I'm speaking of the two most common ones that are readily available out there.

I'm sure Sean could fab you some or
modify yours to clear and still do the job perhaps?

RMSportmax-John Furbur, don't know if he is in business still.
I believe they sell the weld on ones.

There's a tab that welds to the frame in back a few inches lower than the bolt on braces I got from Holeshot (I think that's where they came from? It has been a while since I bought them, its possible I have the two vendors cross crossed as to which one makes which)

The ones I have have a c-clamp around the frame in the rear and definitely don't look like they would accommodate Vgas since those carbs tilt out so much. The brace crosses in the same plane as the front cam on the rear head.

The weld on ones have just that one weld, they bolt on from there and are easily removed for service if need be.

Not sure what UFO and Sean's braces do.

he's got our new double tube and i forgot he had vgas carbs. i think our first set of braces will work since they fit down lower on the rear frame

Latest posts

Back