Vboost butterfly issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diablotin

Reaction score
I was looking at the reason of my bad mileage and smell issue and i just found a small canal preventing the butterfly from closing fully. Any idea how I can fix that?

Looks like this part of the assembly can not be bought separately...

The copper part might be damaged as the alloy cylinder holding it.

You can see the grove and the change in the color of the butterfly where it leaks.

What can I do?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339261733561.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339261733561.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 49
  • uploadfromtaptalk1339261796904.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339261796904.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 49
You are talking of the JB weld compound for cold welding?
Won't this area be too hot for it?

JB weld is fine for hot applications. Heck it smells just like muffler patch putty.

Personally I wouldn't use it there tho cause if it fails and comes loose it's going into the cylinder if I understand the Problem/picture correctly.

If you really wanna fix it I would have it brazed and then sand it back into shape.

Did this really exhibit symptoms or did you just happen to see it?

You are right Rusty... Thought about the same thing.

Now I'm not sure the butterfly leaking has any link to my issues, just ended up seeing it while checking.

read kevin Cameron's story in the current issue of CW about using epoxy compounds to fabricate up additional transfer ports in 2-strokes in the 1960's. intakes for many small and large 4 stroke engines have used epoxy compounds for decades, and many intakes are made of plastic on engines that have to pass the 100,000 mi service cycle for cars & trucks. Now I am not a fabricator who makes $ off my skills, and I initially thought of soldering the gouge, which would be far-less prone to heat-warp the disc compared to brazing. then I thought of the easiest way to mend the imperfection, and decided to recommend an easy way to go, any of several methods would work.

Latest posts

Back