Vboost quit again!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawman504

Reaction score
Damn its always something. Was riding yesterday and after stopping for a snuff break I turned my key on and no "whir whir" sound from my vboost servo. Just a few weeks ago I replaced the servo and control box with some used ones because the servo motor had some stripped gears, it worked great for about 3 weeks and now it doesnt do anything at all. Is there a fuse for it somewhere by chance that im over looking? Im a little pissed at it right now.

Yep, first thing I checked. I even did tye sqeeze test on the control box and still nothing. I replaced the control box (used) when I put the servo in.

You may want to check and make sure your V-boost cable adjustment is correct? I've seen when there is too much tension on the cable adjustment this will cause the servo motor to stall during the calibration cycle. A quick check is to loosen the cable adjustment screw allowing the cable to relax thus maybe the servo can complete the calibration cycle.

Damon stole my idea! He is much smarter than me but yes, I reinstalled a V boost setup and saw a little slop and thought, I'm taking out that slop. I think the manual has the settings for the built in play.
Conversely, you may have a shaky/ faulty Vboost control box. Easiest way to check for me is installing a known good one. There is not much else to the system. I suppose a long shot is the TCI may be freaking out but I doubt that.

Latest posts

Back