vgas carb balancing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kesamuzza

Reaction score
Hi all having a prob with my new "vgas carbs' i need to balance ,, idle them down any help much appreciated ......:ummm:
cheers
Graham

The procedure is not easily described. You can do some searching on the net for setting the "balance" or "sync" on Keihin FCR Flatslides to see if there are any pics.

Something I would do which is a good starting point and is very simple, would be to use a "feeler gauge" to adjust all the slides to the same opening with the throttle closed. If that has never been done correctly it alone can make a discernible difference in the idle and off/idle response.

Also, of course make sure that at full throttle all of the slides are open fully.

Yes, mechanical synch and then start it and fine tune it while its running and get them all clattering together.

I need to sync my VGAS carbs, and I got admit, that link above is alot of information to try and comprehend. Maybe somebody could dumb it down for me? I've sync'd stock VMAX carbs, surely it can't be THAT much more complicated? :ummm:

Hope this helps... Let me know how it goes...

Attachments

• FCR servicing and maintenance.pdf
    151 KB · Views: 31
  • Inside the FCRs.pdf
    367 KB · Views: 22
  • Keihin CR FCR Carburetor Troubleshooting Guide.pdf
    387.8 KB · Views: 21
Thanks Weasel, this looks good! :punk:

Then I got to the troubleshooting guide:

Problem: Incorrect synchronized throttle valves

Solution: Synchronize throttle valves

OK........