video of my max and questions - again

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgrowc1

Reaction score
you guys must be getting sick of me now aye? Just you guys know so much.

Anyway i took a vid of my throttle issue, it does not stick unless I am riding but you can see that the revs do not come back down quick and smooth like they should! Sometimes it will when I set the idle a little higher like at 1100 where it should be - sticks like crazy then!!

Also I was reasing some posts about engine noise and freaked me out a little so i took some vid of my engne noice at the end - i am not used to the max but I think they are just noisy beasts anyway?

One more thing I need to adjust my choke. It is basicaly all or nothing, I cannot out it slighly on - say to warm up the bike in the afernoons to at about 2 or 3000rpms it will only let me do 4 or 5,000 or not at all.

Oh an the reason it started well and the fan came on is cos I just rode it home from work. Usually have an issue starting it as I do not like it revving at 4,500rpm for a few mins in my work parking lot

You need to remove the carbs and disassemble and clean them. Get your buddy to help you and make sure you have a sync tool to get them back in sync after taking them out of the rack.

nah it is going in for a job at my yamaha dealer, one of the techs has a lot of experience with them and works for my friend. Also i need to get a limiter or shif changer or something. Was racing someone earlier and looked down and was over 10rpms. You guys have any recommendations?

you guys must be getting sick of me now aye? Just you guys know so much.

Anyway i took a vid of my throttle issue, it does not stick unless I am riding but you can see that the revs do not come back down quick and smooth like they should! Sometimes it will when I set the idle a little higher like at 1100 where it should be - sticks like crazy then!!

Also I was reasing some posts about engine noise and freaked me out a little so i took some vid of my engne noice at the end - i am not used to the max but I think they are just noisy beasts anyway?

One more thing I need to adjust my choke. It is basicaly all or nothing, I cannot out it slighly on - say to warm up the bike in the afernoons to at about 2 or 3000rpms it will only let me do 4 or 5,000 or not at all.

Oh an the reason it started well and the fan came on is cos I just rode it home from work. Usually have an issue starting it as I do not like it revving at 4,500rpm for a few mins in my work parking lot

Try the peashooter, it helps when my idle floats.

http://home.comcast.net/~onlyone12/carbs1.htm

Scroll to the bottom.

sounds that bad huh?
It runs great other than what seems the return cable sticking. Changing the shaft dive oil, and fuel filter this weekend and caliper seals and pads to fix my front break and hopefully the issues with the cable and revving issue.

Then I guess all is left is carb work. Like I said before I am having to ride it daily as I just sold my other bike so hope I am not screwing the max up now!

Latest posts

Back