VIN decoder for 2002?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gally

Reaction score
For those of you who responed to my questions on the 1992 max I was looking at buying ( the one with all those blue wires?), I decided not to buy based on all the info that was given.

I am please to say that another came up for sale yesterday, 2002 model, that has had some customization, and I caved in fairly quickly and will pick it up on Monday!:rocket bike:
It has a custom paint job, solo seat, and custom side panels. I will post a picture on Tuesday after I pick it up.

One question though....I have the VIN but dont know how to decypher to ensure it is a 2002 (I dont really care if its an 85 at this point:eusa_dance:).

The info posted previously on VIN's only goes to 1999. How can I know if its a 2002?

it up on Monday!:rocket bike:
It has a custom paint job, solo seat, and custom side panels. I will post a picture on Tuesday after I pick it up.

One question though....I have the VIN but dont know how to decypher to ensure it is a 2002 (I dont really care if its an 85 at this point:eusa_dance:).

The info posted previously on VIN's only goes to 1999. How can I know if its a 2002?

Congratulations on your purchase! Some dealerships will look up the VIN for you and can tell you the info, DMV might be another option. www.carfax.com is another route but I believe it costs about $20.

I'm getting a little worried. I tried some of the decoders on-line. While I cannot find a definitive answer, all the decoders are indicating its 1992??!!

jya2wee08naxxxxxx

They say "n" is 1992?

Does anyone with a 2002 model have a similar to this vin? I would hate to #1 get dupped by a seller, #2 buy parts for a 2002 when its a 92??!!
:ummm:

OK...I am convinced it is a 92. The "n"matches the decoder and when looking at the production date it looks as if someone deliberately scuffed the digit before the 2 so you cant tell if it is 02 or 92.

He was the 2nd owner so he had no idea (or seemed so anyway) All the insurance and registration is 2002. But when I test drove I didnt care and bought it anyway...if it is a 92 it is in good shape.:eusa_dance:

Here is a pic from my phone (low quality).

Attachments

• DSC00123.JPG
    DSC00123.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 29
resurrecting an old topic, anyone know of a VIN decoder for yamaha

or can tell me about year of manufacture, country for following:
JYA2LTN03WA015xxx

Back