VMax friendly luggage

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hijacker

Reaction score
I know the VMax isn't exactly a touring bike, but I do go on weekend trips several times a year. Last year I purchased a Saddleman Tunnel Bag to use as a trunk bag. It works great on the VMax but doesn't hold enough for a weekend trip.

So, I researched some different saddlebags that looked like they might work on the VMax and decided on the Cortech Super 2.0 saddlebags.

I haven't packed them and gone on a long trip yet, but I was able to mount them along with my Saddleman trunk bag. They look pretty good, clear the exhaust and are mounted sturdy enough.

I don't think these bags would work if you still have the stock rear turn signals on the bike though.

Looks great, real similar to what I have and you can fit a ton into them when you unzip and expand them.. I've got all Cortech stuff and no complaints here :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372718745539.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372718745539.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 76
  • uploadfromtaptalk1372718786846.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372718786846.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 82
Looks like pretty much the same bags Scott, maybe with just updated graphics.
They do unzip and expand adding about 50% more cargo space, come with rain covers and several mounting options. I like them so far, we'll see how the first weekend trip with them loaded up goes for my final assessment.

Similar to my set up for thunder. Nelson riggs yes I put them on backwards because the way I had it set up only way it would work on the max.

uploadfromtaptalk1372719588974.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1372719650794.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like pretty much the same bags Scott, maybe with just updated graphics.
They do unzip and expand adding about 50% more cargo space, come with rain covers and several mounting options. I like them so far, we'll see how the first weekend trip with them loaded up goes for my final assessment.

Yea yours are just the newer ones but same thing only I've got the Cortech tail bag and tank bag as well... You'll like them, at least I know I like mine a lot :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

aren't those mounted backwards?

i like dowco's stuff.

Haha yes I said that. But with the maxgasser that's the only way I could set it up so I didn't have to fully remove bags to fill gas. It worked well

I put a layer of aluminum tape on the bottom of mine so it would hopefully reflect the heat away from fabric. Lol it was worth a try so far so good on trip one..

I just tried the Saddlemen TS1620S Tail bag. It was too big with the Sissy bar. The design is pretty cool though. I will probably go with the Cortech saddlebags. Any suggestions or links for signal replacement?

I have had problems with Tourmaster/Cortech saddlebags and tank bags. The silver coating on the bottom of the saddlebags came off and they were not near the mufflers. The rain covers wouldn't stay on so I had to bungee them on. They still came apart at the seams on the highway. The tank bag was sealed in its package when I received it and the rain cover was missing. There were a couple other problems. Tourmaster never even responded to my questions/complaints. :bang head: After several tries leaving messages on their website in the Customer Support section, I gave up and sold all of it and went to Nelson-Rigg. Better in every way.... YMMV...

Back