Vmax speedometer ratio

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmaxgrizz686

Reaction score
Would someone know the ratio I believe it is 2240:60 (2240 rpm cable is 60mph).But it gets a little confusing doing a search a the net some info said only 19" and 21" wheel use the ratio other info said all japanese use this ratio.Well I have a 18" stock front rim so kinda confused :ummm::bang head: I plan on putting a small speedo in the hood where the tach is and a 3&3/4" tach with shift light where the speedo is on the bars.Any info on the correct ratio would be great THANKS :punk:

2240:60 is not correct. I had a 2240:60 speedo on my Vmax and it reads high. 65 indicated was 55 GPS.

thanks guys for the info I did some more research and found that is has to be 2240:60 or 2:1 Mr.Pickle said 2240:60 was 10mph fast but 2:1 would only slow the cable down 240 rpm so is 240 rpm worth 10mph:ummm::ummm:.I assume most people say screw it and go electric this is kinda p.i.t.a to figure out.:bang head:

I should have included that fact my front tire is a 110/80 vs. a 110/90. My stock speedo is only off 4mph @ 60mph. With the stock tire it was off 2mph.

I also thought 373rpm for 10 mph is correct.With the new info that Mr.Piclkle tire was not stock I believe the correct ratio is 2240:60 . I think I will take my chances and order a speedo based on this ratio Thanks again for the info and help.:clapping:

Wait! You're Canadian. My findings were in US miles.:biglaugh:

I await your findings post install.

Back