Vmax VS boss hoss ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinks

Reaction score
My buddy has a Boss Hoss motorcycle with a V8. I don't know the particulars on the engine. For fun I am gonna ask him for a 1/4 mile run. How bad am I gonna get beat ? I'm relatively bone stock. he is a good rider and no stranger to fast bikes & cars. This is just for our entertainment. I don't think I'll do well, but I will get some one to video it so I can post it. This wont happen for a while....need much warmer weather & no snow.

vmax%20bars%20done11%20005_zpse3fzysey.jpg

12294839_10208552479114530_6408364016000147844_n_zpsgihq8nai.jpg

I think it would be really hard to say. They have anywhere from a small 5.0 engine to a big block. The main issue is you should be able to get and keep traction better.. If he can get it to hook, you are screwed, but then again it's for play.... I had a buddy with a Rocket III, but he wouldn't ever play as much as I do.. He reminded me of a old lady on a bike.... Just sayin....

Sounds like quite the match.

If you can launch well, you should have a faster, stronger start - mostly because that V8 is going to take a lot to overcome its inherent weight.

I think that between the V8 and the nitrous, your buddy will catch up and then pass you by - if he has the distance and cojones to top it out.

I am not that familiar with nitrous, but would be concerned about gear changes with the stuff flowing - mostly because too much power leads to bad traction.

In either case - you should have a ton of fun!

Where's the NOS? I don't see it.

If you can run hard out of the hole, I think you should be able to win. Those bikes are for show not for 'go.' Sure there are the few riders who can run one hard, but it's a lot of bike to get away from you.

When I was working fire-rescue, one of my co-workers, a mechanic on the side, had a Cobra 350 SB Chevy trike. I offered to run him on my year-old 1987 FZR1000 but he never took up the offer. The magazine road tests of the day said 10.7 sec & 122 rwhp, so not much different from a tuned VMax, except that it weighed 120 lb. less.

I wouldn't bet registrations, but for a grudge match, just to get his goat, ask him, 'how many bike lengths are ya gonna spot me?'

Check out the two dials/buttons on the gas tank. The black plate underneath say NOS...

I think it's a matter of control like others have said. He has it all over you in most everything else. You can beat him just like I beat a zx14 in the 1/8, four out of 5 times, with my vmax. He had everything all over me except control:punk:

It's always fun anyway.

The fellow he got it from Did Crash it, and dean rebuilt it. It does has NOS but I don't think he uses it.

Dry wt is 1065, its an sbc so with all the fuel, oil, coolant and other misc juices it should tip the scales quite a bit over 1100. I have heard the newer iterations actually handle better than the crude older ones but it is still a novelty. My guess is in a straight line he will overtake you toward the end. The only thing that bike should be expexted to do well is eat up the ol' 0.25 mi. Find a strip with a bend in it and you should do just fine. Imagine how sweet that would look with a turbo 1UZ-FE or something.

You could pull a fast one on him and go pickup a ZX14 before the race. In any event have fun and post video! Defs want some vid of this awesome match.

Give me hell Jinks! We're all rootin for ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should have no major issues beating him. Again, this is all traction dependent. They just have so much power they can't apply it to the ground.

You should have no major issues beating him. Again, this is all traction dependent. They just have so much power they can't apply it to the ground.

Hole shot...or loose, LOL. I"ll have to practice. I'll have to ride the clutch pretty good with these Shinko tires. My old rear tire would just spin and toss me around & send me sideways.
Ive seen his bike in action. It really moves.

They have an advantage once they're up to a little speed. I ran one from 60 and he ate me up in a straight line on Skullduggery. Not sure he could do that from a dead stop with a limited distance. It was a 350, 350 Chevy...

Dave

Back