Vmaxlessness

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuecoDoc

Reaction score
My Vmax, #444, is in shipping limbo. It was picked up in Dallas, TX on Dec 2nd, with a scheduled delivery Dec 4th, but never showed up here in El Paso, TX. I found a tracking number from the dealer’s bill of lading, and it’s tracking status (Roadway Express) hasn’t changed for a week. So I have called Roadway Express and they seem perplexed as to why it can’t be located in their system.
:ummm:

The anticipation is a bitch. At least it's a rare rainy day here so I know I'm not missing much. I would rather be listening to it idle, though, and staring at it.
:bang head:

Well Roadway just pulled up to my house and I think they got the state abbrevation mixed up rather than TX its here in TN:eusa_dance:
I will drop it off on my way back from Pamona Cal. Dragway. We will see if it passes the stress test! May want to go ahead and order a rear tire

H-Doc, You got my sympathy man, that's gotta be a friggin' killer!!

Prolly at a terminal somewhere, they'll locate it soon and it will have stopped raining by then!! :eusa_dance:

Keep us posted on this, ok?

Well Roadway just pulled up to my house and I think they got the state abbrevation mixed up rather than TX its here in TN:eusa_dance:
I will drop it off on my way back from Pamona Cal. Dragway. We will see if it passes the stress test! May want to go ahead and order a rear tire

Baa Ha Ha!! :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200: Some guys have all the luck!

Eat yer heart out Cornell!! :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

We'll know before you! :punk: :punk: :punk:

They have now found the bike in Dallas. It was somehow misplaced.
:punk:

I'll get it Thursday, unless they lose it again. I wish I had called them 4 days ago instead of waiting patiently! I think I was the first in the region (west Texas and all of New Mexico) to put a deposit down.

How many folks here have it already?

Once they found the Vmax they had lost, Roadway Express said it would leave Dallas last night to get here possibly today, or definitely early tomorrow. For the last 24 hours the shipping info is unchanged:

:confused2:

If I had known this a week ago, I would have driven 11 hours and gotten it myself. They aren't even shipping it...they are just keeping it from me!

So how's the bike... Look cool? Haul ass? Comfortable? I saw some pictures of it.

Once they found the Vmax they had lost, Roadway Express said it would leave Dallas last night to get here possibly today, or definitely early tomorrow. For the last 24 hours the shipping info is unchanged:

:confused2:

If I had known this a week ago, I would have driven 11 hours and gotten it myself. They aren't even shipping it...they are just keeping it from me!

So how's the bike... Look cool? Haul ass? Comfortable? I saw some pictures of it.

u could always take up cocaine to pass the time?? hahaha if i were u man i'd be bouncing off the walls

Today (Thursday) it is still sitting in Dallas. They tell me it will leave today and arrive tomorrow. Fuggers.
:real mad:
My one-week Vmax vacation ends Monday.

Got it! It was in a trailer FULL of stuff for the dealer so it's obvious that Roadway Express, after losing it a week ago, just sat on it until it could tag along with the rest of the delivery.

I let gawkers and first-lookers enjoy it for 45 minutes and take pictures before I drove it off. They loved it. Four miles later at the first red light, some guy in a pickup rolled down his window to ask me, "What kind of bike is that? That's awesome!"

It just purrs and pulls, really smooth. Smoothest transmission I've had. It rebounds on big bumps but does good on the same bad roads where I need to stand up on my BMW K1200R.

It's vibe can't be beat. It's very much like my 2001 Vmax was, just a bit deeper sound.

The tires aren't broken in, but as I casually cranked away from a stop on good asphalt, the rear began spinning with no audible strain on the engine.

I've set the shift lights for 5k rpm to abide by the break-in. I can't wait to get that done and let it go.

There is no easy option for storage. Neither my magnetic tank bag or my gas cap ring-mount bag will work, and I can find no good hard points on the rear to strap things to.

The worst thing I've found is the unavoidable knocking of my knees into the scoops. I can't grip with my legs like I would want.

What's the deal with the goofy extra key holder thingy? It's like the bathroom key you get at a gas staion that has some random object like a hubcap attached for security. It will look very cool...in a drawer somewhere.

So far, five stars.

Glad to hear you got it in one piece and now are enjoying it :eusa_dance: watch out for the assholes that don't watch out for you.

How does it compare to your K1200R acceleration wise? I'm guessing that the k12 probably holds it's own pretty well since it isn't proned to spinning.

Got it! It was in a trailer FULL of stuff for the dealer so it's obvious that Roadway Express, after losing it a week ago, just sat on it until it could tag along with the rest of the delivery.

I let gawkers and first-lookers enjoy it for 45 minutes and take pictures before I drove it off. They loved it. Four miles later at the first red light, some guy in a pickup rolled down his window to ask me, "What kind of bike is that? That's awesome!"

It just purrs and pulls, really smooth. Smoothest transmission I've had. It rebounds on big bumps but does good on the same bad roads where I need to stand up on my BMW K1200R.

It's vibe can't be beat. It's very much like my 2001 Vmax was, just a bit deeper sound.

The tires aren't broken in, but as I casually cranked away from a stop on good asphalt, the rear began spinning with no audible strain on the engine.

I've set the shift lights for 5k rpm to abide by the break-in. I can't wait to get that done and let it go.

There is no easy option for storage. Neither my magnetic tank bag or my gas cap ring-mount bag will work, and I can find no good hard points on the rear to strap things to.

The worst thing I've found is the unavoidable knocking of my knees into the scoops. I can't grip with my legs like I would want.

What's the deal with the goofy extra key holder thingy? It's like the bathroom key you get at a gas staion that has some random object like a hubcap attached for security. It will look very cool...in a drawer somewhere.

So far, five stars.

Congrats on your new ride!

You Really need to check out this break in method.
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

It will take a while to tell, but the Vmax spins easy because of it's low-end power. They obviously will be close on overall acceleration, but the Vmax has 70% more usable power. The K12R will reliably lose traction in 2nd gear, but not until 70mph and it's screaming by then, even with the stock exhaust. I won't stop riding the K12R too, though.

How does it compare to your K1200R acceleration wise? I'm guessing that the k12 probably holds it's own pretty well since it isn't proned to spinning.

The article mentions ceramic coatings used by yamaha and states to use his same procedure for these types of compounds.

Personally I will make some good accelleration and decelleration runs within the first 20 miles and then probbaly back off some for the rest of the period and let all the other moving parts break in.

I think if you just stay off the interstate and ride the bike normally without doing all out drag (red line) runs it should break in fine. Don't lug it! Don't over rev it!

I picked mine up Dec. 4. Removed the VMAX on the side covers and the star logos on the scoops to clean is up a little. I took the reflectors off today.

Attachments

• DSCF1366.jpg
    DSCF1366.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 45

Latest posts

Back