VMOA - 2011 Michigan Event

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbone

Reaction score
I am going to post this here so we will not hijack the thread any further with our discussion on this subject.

Here is the Events info as posted on the VMOA site:
" July 8,9,10. 2011

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
1211 W. Broadway
Three Rivers, Michigan 49093
(269) 273 8100

Due to the uncooperative reception at Econo Lodge in Paw Paw the event will not be held there this year. The other two hotels are already booked that weekend.
The new location this year will be in Three Rivers Michigan at the America's Best Value Inn.
[URL="http://www.americasbestvalueinn.com/"]www.americasbestvalueinn.com[/URL]
I have 10 rooms blocked off.
The rate is $62.50 per night.

I am working on a couple of special things for this years event due to the late change in scheduling. The routes will be different at the least. The hotel is just off of US 131 hwy in Three Rivers. The place we had lunch on Saturday during last years event is just a few blocks away from the hotel. There are also other hotels there as well.

There is also a Super-8 and a Holiday Inn Express. The rates are higher and there are limited rooms.

Brian Nash"

Brian and Damon met a few weekends ago to go over some ride routes so I'm sure they have the ride and stops for lunch worked out.
These guys are a great group and have been doing this for a number of years so I have my faith in them.

wish i could make that one brian, oh well next time i guess
It would be great to have you be there Rov, you could always come to my place then we could ride there together. I will be taking the senic route for sure, I've had enough of the super slab this year!!!!
This is my first year to go to this event, I met quite a few of the guys last weekend at Thunder so it should be a fun filled event. They have very nice and highly customized Vmaxs! I'll try to remember to get pictures, at least Charlie and Terri Colburn will be there, Terri always take lots of pics!:punk:

Brian and Damon met a few weekends ago to go over some ride routes so I'm sure they have the ride and stops for lunch worked out.
These guys are a great group and have been doing this for a number of years so I have my faith in them.

I dont doubt they will have some great rides planed for the weekend.

I've been trying to get an agenda for the weekend so I'd know when to
show up, what was planed and so I could show the wife what was going
on so she could decide if she wanted to come along. Since if she is
comming out then I need to rent a trailer, as she wont survive 3-4 hours
on the back of the max to get to Three Rivers.

I was afraid of that Bill but there are a couple other choices nearby from what I heard the guys talking about at Thunder. The original hotel, America's B/V was a little hard for most to get a room at until you mention that you are with the VMOA group.

I was afraid of that Bill but there are a couple other choices nearby from what I heard the guys talking about at Thunder. The original hotel, America's B/V was a little hard for most to get a room at until you mention that you are with the VMOA group.

I did, she said she was completely full, the other two hotels in the area are full as well. Whats going on that weekend in that town.

I thought 2Fear was told somthing about ''Corn Inspectors" convention-confrence or somthing like that from a hotel manager, you would think Three Rivers would always have a room or two available, Is VmaxChuck still looking for a room mate? Might get lucky there...................Another option might be to check the next town south "Constantine" to see if they have anything, good luck!.............Tom

I've got a Demo MaxGasser seat on the way, should be here before I have to head to three-rivers! Cant wait.

Anyone comming to this event staying somewhere other than the specified hotel? If so where? Be nice to get a mini cruise in on the way to three rivers each day.

When is the first gathering? Wife isnt going to come so I will be riding in rather than trailering.

I will be there bright and early Saturday morning, I'm going to trailer in this year just so I can have my cooler and EZ-up canopy. My first time at this event was last year and I had a great time. I will be there early enough to go to breakfast with some fellow Vmaxers like last year, Charlie and Terri are a lot of fun.

I thought 2Fear was told somthing about ''Corn Inspectors" convention-confrence or somthing like that from a hotel manager, you would think Three Rivers would always have a room or two available, Is VmaxChuck still looking for a room mate? Might get lucky there...................Another option might be to check the next town south "Constantine" to see if they have anything, good luck!.............Tom
I took Chuck up on that offer to split the room for Friday and Saturday.

Glad you can be close to the action for the weekend Brian! Still going to stay in Sparta with your brother after that? Hey 2Fear, Wildman going to make it down?................................Tom.

Hey Brian dont forget to bring the spanner etc, if the offer for help stands. Im riding in so cant bring a toolbox along. My bike also doesnt have a center stand. :bang head:

Could make a Tech event out of it, bounce test etc.

Looking forward to meeting everyone, I should be in friday before the first scheduled ride at 6:30-7:00.

Glad you can be close to the action for the weekend Brian! Still going to stay in Sparta with your brother after that? Hey 2Fear, Wildman going to make it down?................................Tom.
If all is well at home Bill plans on going, I'm working on a get together at my house for Muskegon bike time also.

Wife's booking hotel for me in Shipshewana, supposed to be about 30 minutes from three rivers, post details when she gives em to me.

Bill, I would think it's about an hour from Three rivers to Shipshewana, if you haven't locked in yet you could try Schoolcraft, White pigeon, or a few smaller towns in the area....................Tom.

The wife and I are considering coming up, possibly just for the day. Its about 3&1/2 hours drive, which isn't too bad. Whats the schedule of events gonna be? Also I am interested in joining the VMOA.....should I just go to the website and do it, or is there a different way?

I too am interested in seeing what the VMOA has to offer, will there be someone at the meet that could provide some info and answer questions?.................................Tom.

Back