Wanna extend my front end

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
Decided to extend my front end a little just so my front tire is about 10-12 inces farther out. I have the newer 43mm front end on now and was wondering can I just get longer tubes? I really don't want to change the tripletree because mines already chrome and Paul from MadMax wants way too much for the triple that changes the rake but can I change the rake in the neck without cutting it and rewelding it? Someone said ( custom bike shop) they can change the rake without cutting the neck. I'm not overly concerned with the handling since my bike doesn't see rain and I'm not rallying around bends(unless I'm being chased by the law). Any suggestions? Thanks

That`s a realy nice place for those who want`s to rake, for a couple of$$$$$

I did it myself; cut and weld (it`s my third raked bike):eusa_dance:= 7,5* and i love it
only one regret; i should stop at 7* or 6,75*, :bang head:

with my shorter schock it lower`s the Max at 4 inches from the ground

so beware how much rake you give to that neck

look at my album

:punk:

We've got a 10 degree raked frame we might sell. Raking the tree's is a disaster waiting to happen. Ever tried riding your bicycle with the bars turned around. That's what happens on the bike but even worse if not done correctly. You must have the proper amount of trail that raked triples only will kill.

I am sure we can get you longer tubes if desired too.

Sean

Latest posts

Back