Water Transfer Imaging

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are getting the first set of Gen 1 stuff done and will be offering this service (through them). Will let you all know how it turns out.

Sean

Have had my front and rear mudguards, faux tank, scoops and side panels done using this process and I'm VERY pleased with the result.

I went for Carbon Fiber as I wasn't sure about the Mahogany! :biglaugh:

Yeah, not sure about wood accents either!
biglaugh.gif
It sounds like it should be pretty a durable finish, what's your take on how it will hold up Steve?

By the looks of it, I'm betting "Skullduggery"Gen II is running around north Atlanta somewhere terrorizing the citizenry just like SpecOps does Tampa!

Redbone

I would say as durable as any painted surface.

For the carbon effect, they spray a black base coat on before applying the carbon decal. Lacquer coats are then sprayed on which gives the depth and durability.

It takes to compound shapes well - you can see this if you look at the front mudguard.

picture.php

For those that don't know, the image that you want to transfer is first printed onto a backing sheet that is disolvable.

The graphic is then placed on the surface of water in a tank where the backing dissolves leaving the image to be transferred floating.
As the component is pushed through the image this is transferred to its surface.
I was amazed how well it went around even very complex shapes. There is some distortion but (IMHO) this adds to the carbon effect.

Latest posts

Back