Wave rotor for rear

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midmoraider

Reaction score
Hey all, got a set of wave rotors for the front and one for the rear to install. My bike is an '04 and I am going to use the stock calipers. For anyone that has changed their rear to a wave, is there anything besides an adapter that is needed, i.e. longer line or what not? Thanks.

What adapter? If you use the same specs on the rotor you need no adapter...

df459w.jpg

Yeah, I bought a $100 ebay Arashi instead of the $300 Galfer. If I ever get the Carrozerria's, I'll go with the Galfers.

I had that one until I upgrade the rear and ended up with a bigger rotor. The rear galfer has tendency to rust easily.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hey all, got a set of wave rotors for the front and one for the rear to install. My bike is an '04 and I am going to use the stock calipers. For anyone that has changed their rear to a wave, is there anything besides an adapter that is needed, i.e. longer line or what not? Thanks.

If you're using a stock rear wheel I think you're good to go. If you have a wider wheel like a 5.5" pay attention to your inboard bleeder clearance. Mine just touches making caliper removal somewhat difficult.

Dale #2592

they also make knock offs for the smaller rear size that are non-floating waves.

if you are going to run the 298mm front rotor, the easiest way is with a bracket that is taller and has the pattern for a front caliper ie: stock front or R1. [use right front caliper]

cycle one-off has one: http://www.cycleoneoff.com/v-maxpartspage1.html
scroll down till you get to it....

MEK has one too: http://shop.mek.biz/product_info.php/info/p77_brake-adaptor-kit---rear--Vmax-.html

and i know i found another link, but i cant find it now, and it even stated [27"] [only time i saw this] the brake line size needed. I had already bought a bracket from a guy in the UK, it looks similar to the two above, and measuring it against the stock bracket and caliper i had Sean get me a 27" stainless braided line, then found that info so i should be good to go, [waiting on some stainless steel rotor bolts and caliper bolts to come in the mail]

i havent personally seen a bracket that uses the stock 2 piston caliper on the rear, i kinda remember one on the net but again, my link saving skills have let me down.

Jedi makes an adapter. (Sean sells them)that bolts between the oem caliper and caliper bracket and spaces it out for use with a 298mm rotor,

Here is a pic. I have it hanging down but it is meant to go in the stock position

Attachments

• 2011-12-31_15-37-14_499.jpg
    2011-12-31_15-37-14_499.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 68
i'd love to do that but don't think i could get my caliper on and off my rotor with my 17" rims.

is it the same offset between the rotor and the lip of the rim?

I had some troubles getting it to fit on my 17" wheel. If the bleed nipple on the caliper was shorter ( I don't see why it couldn't be) it would make it a bit easier. Removing the pads and pushing the pistons in helps a ton. It IS possible though.

I ended up selling the setup and changing over to a billet caliper bracket and R1 caliper. Fits a little easier. Still snug though.

I think thats too many separate pieces to make a bracket. its preferably better to get one ready for that setup, just like the one i had on sale here...

Latest posts

Back