Waze

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traumahawk

Reaction score
I first heard about Waze last year from a friend of mine. I actually upgraded my phone so I could use it. (My smart phone was used when I bought it in June of 2011. It was ANCIENT by today's standards.)

First of all....I REALLY like this app. It gives real time updates for traffic, road closures, even POLICE. Basically anyone can put a location up for traffic jams...police presence...etc. You push 3 icons...and the icon that you "pinned" there....is now seen by everyone in that area.

The thing that I like most about this app, is that even if you phone is asleep, it will verbally tell you that there are police ahead, a hazard, etc. For people on a Vmax....knowing that there are police in the area, might be of some benefit.

Its free as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waze

I first heard about Waze last year from a friend of mine. I actually upgraded my phone so I could use it. (My smart phone was used when I bought it in June of 2011. It was ANCIENT by today's standards.)

First of all....I REALLY like this app. It gives real time updates for traffic, road closures, even POLICE. Basically anyone can put a location up for traffic jams...police presence...etc. You push 3 icons...and the icon that you "pinned" there....is now seen by everyone in that area.

The thing that I like most about this app, is that even if you phone is asleep, it will verbally tell you that there are police ahead, a hazard, etc. For people on a Vmax....knowing that there are police in the area, might be of some benefit.

Its free as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waze
+++1 Thanks Eric, I like that it prompts you when your getting near the Police! Having my phone on the handlebar just got more useful!!

I had heard of this app but never given it a shot before, now it looks like you have convinced me to try it out. Thanks for sharing!

I had heard of this app but never given it a shot before, now it looks like you have convinced me to try it out. Thanks for sharing!

Your welcome. One other thing that i like about it....you can "share" your ride with someone. If you have a friend....or a loved one, and you can share your journey with someone....so that way, they know when you made it home, or what your ETA over to their house.

If someone clicks on your icon....they cannot see how fast your going. All that Waze will say, is that your going more than 35, if I remember correctly.

+1 on this! WAZE has been my 'Radar Detector App' for a couple of months now. What do you guys like using for the handlebar mount? I had one of those zipper pouch like thingys you can find on Ebay for the longest time, I liked the piece of mind knowing my phone was all the way covered, could not fall etc but hated the clear cover that would glare nav up and everything else. Been though several since the zippers eventually break but since my new phone is waterproof anyway instead of replacing it this last time, I just used a 2x2 inch square of industrial strength velcro super-glued to both the swivel mounting plate and my phones plastic protector case which works great! Ripped the velcro apart 100+ times and showing little sign of being too weak to hold the phone in strong wind, jolts etc. Can post a photo if anybody is interested.

Does this app require one of those gall darned blasted cell phones to operate properly, or is it available as a stand alone? :whistlin:

Back