Well...once again a thread about somthing I broke!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
So I found the problem finally!:eusa_dance:

but I havent figured out how to get it out yet:ummm:

So! Here we go...I pulled the midgear/bevel gear assembly and upon inspecting the midgear components left within the motor I found that I split my "Damper Cam" in HALF...the picture illustrating this only shows one side but it looks like that on both sides so it should come out in 2 pieces when I eventually get it out.

That being said...How do you get it out?
The manual was about as clear as mud. It wants me to go build/buy yamaha engine tools and all that good jazz wich is not my key concern at the moment depending on if I REALLY need them(well come back to that)

My concern is once Ive gotten the nut off of the end of the assembly(pic #2) how does the bevel gear(the one left inside the motor when the outher one is removed) come out? I noticed it is much larger than the hole the bearing placed in, so I assume once its loose it comes out the back like the other one did? The book didnt say anything about popping the case or anything extreme to pull it out so it cant be that critical right?

Thanks guys! Shes on her way back to the street!

Attachments

• DSCN1599.jpg
    DSCN1599.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN1602.jpg
    DSCN1602.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 44
Ouch, you really need some input from Sean. If anyone has an easy answer he'd be the one whose been that deep into things... Good Luck and I thought I was the only one who breaks things...:ummm:

. Youre not alone my friend!Well lets put it this way...I had to replace the differential spindle(ultimately the whole final drive) that I broke in order to rule it out before i could find that I broke this thing!

Now all I need is a drive shaft to bust and I can start framing em on the wall of my garage as trophys of my... Vmax huligan-ness?

One less wheelie mighta saved her!

Engine will have to come out and split open. It can't be compressed to release the retaining clips with it in the engine. I have a few I can donate but it's still going to be a bitch. Odds are it toasted the threads on the secondary shaft which I would have to sell you ($50 used vs $125 new).

First time I have seen that part break.

Sean

Fuck...my...life. 4 days after they lay me off this happens?! Sean I'm sending you a pm, I'm done dealing with this thing.

Back