What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top cover done, before and after
IMAG1857.jpg
IMAG1862.jpg

Changed oil and filter and replaced one of the pilot jet screws that was missing a tip. Don't know how the PO has managed to brake it. I found it out when I was executing shotgun to my carbs. I think the broken tip is the main reason why adjusting the pilot screw in that particular carb didn't cause any response.

pulled left side covers and removed flywheel to replace and starter clutch, replacing all copper washers on clutch slave while its apart, then fresh oil and filter

Installed a break light flash module... CAN YOU SEE ME NOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmRWE5_ODMA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent by the Verizon 4G Data Network

BD, here is a Vmax with the flashing brake lights mounted in the reflector location:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5feH0jnscw

Here is my old setup with the flashing LED still on the plate cover (brake on):
Brakes in daylight.jpg

Here is what it looks like now(all three mounted on the MM light mount, flashing in the middle):
Closeup
IMG_1721.jpg

Rear 3/4
IMG_1766.jpg

I'll get you a video but it will be indoors. I am still going to redo this in aluminum, but not this year.

BD, here is a Vmax with the flashing brake lights mounted in the reflector location:
Funny, I remember seeing that red bike around somewhere.....
Oh well, for anyone using the Signal Dynamics Back OFF-XP module (sold by Custom Dynamics), don't forget about the optional circuit that's included, the Motorcycle Emergency Flasher or Automobile Back-Up Flasher.
I've set up mine to flash small LED light bars at the stem and stern of the bike, switched at the dash panel, and hooked direct to the battery.
The idea was to replace the "park" function of the ignition switch. Much less current draw, and a steady flash function for better visibility.
Cheers!

Carbuncle removal

My ISR master cylinders don't have provision for the brake light and clutch interlock micro-switches.
I had fitted in-line hydraulic switches.

026262425c12ddf36afef1a39df00a889755c029.JPG

Yep, I agree, they are not in keeping with wot any discerning gentleman would want on his handlebars.
sick.gif

I've now changed them for a pair of 90° switches.
Clutch has gone down by the master cylinder

395262627a176d906bde0eafe0b3fe36f7690ad5.JPG

...and the brake switch onto the splitter. Both neatly out of sight.

I now feel that I will be able to go out in public on my Max without risking the sniggers and sideways looks that I have endured in the past.

65626e02921a6d3c602e33ac8eeb5925375a5326.jpg

PS Any suggestion that I am paranoiac will be strongly refuted...I know that's what you will be thinking.. DOOH!

I posted this a few years ago here:

If you like the idea of the Back Off brake light module, then you'll love this one I have found for a fraction of the price:

http://www.bigrigchromeshop.com/Merc.../LITWH/UP90655

It does the same as the Back Off module and is fully adjustable. I have been using this on my '05 vmax for the past few years without any problems.

Funny, I remember seeing that red bike around somewhere.....
Oh well, for anyone using the Signal Dynamics Back OFF-XP module (sold by Custom Dynamics), don't forget about the optional circuit that's included, the Motorcycle Emergency Flasher or Automobile Back-Up Flasher.
I've set up mine to flash small LED light bars at the stem and stern of the bike, switched at the dash panel, and hooked direct to the battery.
The idea was to replace the "park" function of the ignition switch. Much less current draw, and a steady flash function for better visibility.
Cheers!

I posted this a few years ago here:

If you like the idea of the Back Off brake light module, then you'll love this one I have found for a fraction of the price:

http://www.bigrigchromeshop.com/Merc.../LITWH/UP90655

It does the same as the Back Off module and is fully adjustable. I have been using this on my '05 vmax for the past few years without any problems.
Thanks, Mike.
I find the truck supply stores very reasonably priced, and with a great selection of products, when shopping for lighting, electrical supplies, hydraulic hoses and fittings, etc.
On this site, check out the array of headlight bulbs, many 5 3/4", some with LED accent lighting.
Also the wide array of LED auxiliary lights, and for those that would "dare to be different" - double-faced LED turn signals, that look to be doable on our bikes. Now that would make a bike visible!
Cheers!

Got some parts in this week. Waiting on a few more should be here today or tomorrow.

4 pole starter, 07 rectifier, starter solenoid, cbr integrated tail, ss brake lines front and rear, ss clutch line, brake pads front and rear and Clymer manual. Corbin seat should be here Monday.

Have a few other things coming from overseas, should be here next week.

Knee protectors, grips, res covers.

All in all I have some stuff to keep me busy this weekend.

Finally mounted my 18 inch RC rim. I put a 180/55-18 Avon tire on it. To get it on I had to deflate the tire, use WD 40 and then finally drop the bike onto the tire.

I dont have any cans on the bike, because also putting a kerker 4-1 on the bike sometime this weekend.

It looks killer.

Attachments

• P1000111.jpg
    P1000111.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 42
  • P1000110.jpg
    P1000110.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 40
  • P1000109.jpg
    P1000109.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 38
  • P1000108.jpg
    P1000108.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 40
Finally mounted my 18 inch RC rim. I put a 180/55-18 Avon tire on it. To get it on I had to deflate the tire, use WD 40 and then finally drop the bike onto the tire.

I dont have any cans on the bike, because also putting a kerker 4-1 on the bike sometime this weekend.

It looks killer.

Looking good Eric, your gonna love the ride. Is that the cobra or venum avon

Latest posts

Back