What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few day's ago, I had to have back surgery been on narcotics for the pass few days. Not able to drive just yet. When wifie lift out for a few hours. I rolled out back funny and lightly work on the bike.

Install, New oil pressure fittings and ran -3an 48" line to a oil pressure gauges 0 to 100, fitting sizes 20m x 1.5 pitch x 10m - x 1/8" thread in the middle. The oil pressure gauge threads on the back are 1/8 I used a 1/8 female x -3an male fitting to connect -3an 48" long hose to the gauge. "O" the gauge I rap around it with black foam tape so not to scratch the handlebar and gauge. I wired tied the gauge to the handlebar.

Install new horn 120db and mounted in front of the radiator on top.
Much better to here now even when motor is running.
Install new front levers, The bushing that comes with the new clutch side level was not deep enough would make the clutch slip when motor is running in gear. I used the yamaha stock 1 witch I had few new 1's.

Change the oil and filter, paint the oil filter cap,
Looking good James, take it easy on your back though.

I got it back home. :clapping:

Wednesday evening I was taking that last ride of the season when it started to sprinkle just as the sun was setting and a huge buck jumped right in front of me. I hit him pretty hard, sending him flying and me to the pavement. Sllooowwmotion nightmare.

I got back to take a look at the bike today and it wasn't as bad as expected, road rash all along the left side, shift lever and footpeg ground off. Started her up and drove the 200 yards home!!!

Body armor rocks

I got it back home. :clapping:

Wednesday evening I was taking that last ride of the season when it started to sprinkle just as the sun was setting and a huge buck jumped right in front of me. I hit him pretty hard, sending him flying and me to the pavement. Sllooowwmotion nightmare.

I got back to take a look at the bike today and it wasn't as bad as expected, road rash all along the left side, shift lever and footpeg ground off. Started her up and drove the 200 yards home!!!

Body armor rocks

Pics of everything please!

Yesterday, drained out coolant to put some RTV around fittings to stop a micro leak around the large radiator hose. Also to change bad leaking o-ring from Radiator Drain/Fill valve. I put the RTV on yesterday with a light tightening of the clamps. Tightened them fully today. Changed out the O-Ring with an original OEM from Boats.Net. Tested out today - Rode from Teterboro up to Bear Mountain and back. (94 miles).. Looks good...
Now I have see how it holds up over night when the bike cools down. That's normally when my bike like to take a leak.. :biglaugh:

Installed chrome master cylinders and buffed scoops,Installed intake stacks.installed hayabusa front brake caliper and larger rotor.

Attachments

• 20141114_122325.jpg
    20141114_122325.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 50
I'm was board today at the house on pain pills, So when wifie lift the house stated missing with the bike. Install rear brake arm and rear brake line I made.

Bleed the rear brake and check Dot-5 fluids Still ok...

Then I went up to the other house and work on a mopar motor, Got back to the other house before wifie came home.

Here's youtube video on my camaro running, I for forgot about this.
The car now has a lot bigger cam more compression though. I thought you guy's would like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHsC_SvUAxs

Attachments

• P1070672.jpg
    P1070672.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 36
  • P1070671.jpg
    P1070671.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 34
  • P1070678.jpg
    P1070678.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I'm was board today at the house on pain pills, So when wifie lift the house stated missing with the bike. Install rear brake arm and rear brake line I made.

Bleed the rear brake and check Dot-5 fluids Still ok...

Then I went up to the other house and work on a mopar motor, Got back to the other house before wifie came home.

Here's youtube video on my camaro running, I for forgot about this.
The car now is a lot bigger though. I thought you guy's would like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHsC_SvUAxs

Sweet car!

'jagco1,' a good-looking third-generation Camaro. One of my friends has a 454 IROC that he never drives, I keep telling him to sell it rather than let it sit. I'm not sure what year it is, I'm gonna guess & say it's an '86. It's a street-capable car that was built by the prior owner for the strip. Black & menacing.

I like the Rally Sport wheels.

Thanks Fire-medic and sdt354, The pass few years I been selling off a lot of parts moper and chevy stuff, Sold a few of my cars I had. I sold my chevelle this year.

I pic of the mopar motor I was working.

I had the chevelle for 14 years.

I have 3 other cars I will sale next year, Stuff just been sitting around.

Attachments

• 440+64.jpg
    440+64.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Copy of Picture 620.jpg
    Copy of Picture 620.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 44
Thanks Fire-medic and sdt354, The pass few years I been selling off a lot of parts moper and chevy stuff, Sold a few of my cars I had. I sold my chevelle this year.

I pic of the mopar motor I was working.

I had the chevelle for 14 years.

I have 3 other cars I will sale next year, Stuff just been sitting around.

That is a GREAT looking engine.....440 6-pack?

That is a GREAT looking engine.....440 6-pack?

Yes 440 30 over 6 pack, Total rebuild.

Here's pic of my chevy gear drive motor.
And a rear rebuild.

Attachments

• 32005634006_original.jpg
    32005634006_original.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 35
  • chevy gear drive motor.jpg
    chevy gear drive motor.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Back