What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my spacers for my rearsets from Japan and still waiting on some brackets from Germany. Ill tell you guys something that blew my mind, $14 for shipping from Japan and it shipped on 12/19 and I got it today! Paid more than that for shipping from Germany and its been 6 wks now and my package is in Phoenix and i live in Ohio... i dont get it, lol.
I'm glad that worked out...

I'm glad that worked out...

It took a lil bit to find the right place to go through. Managed to get my hands on some instructions for em too, lol. Im planning on getting screws for em tomorrow so maybe tomorrow night theyll be pics to post...

Just checked the wet levels in the carbs. R front was at 16 mm....and all others were at 15mm. All within spec but a bit on the rich side.....and that explains why I'm having to jet leaner for the most power. I have a set of 145's on order.

Got the brake side rearset mostly installed... need another bolt for it yet cuz i musta grabbed one from the wrong drawer, lol. Easy to do with a squirming 3 yr old on your shoulders, lol. Once i get that bolt i can get everything adjusted to my liking.

Attachments

• CAM00123.jpg
    CAM00123.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 36
Finish installing my motor side covers, took the bike out for 20min ride just over 50 today nice weather. Stop off got some gas. Had a few people came over and look at the bike. Thanks Sean

The painted parts, fades to purple like the rest of the bike parts.

Attachments

• vmax update side covers 087.jpg
    vmax update side covers 087.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 36
  • vmax update side covers 066.jpg
    vmax update side covers 066.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 35
Got the brake side rearset mostly installed... need another bolt for it yet cuz i musta grabbed one from the wrong drawer, lol. Easy to do with a squirming 3 yr old on your shoulders, lol. Once i get that bolt i can get everything adjusted to my liking.

Nice setup, and the motor mount bracket good job.

Took the bike out for test ride, Add a peace of rubber to fit in the little clutch level bushing to take up the slack in the new levels.

Attachments

• P1080069.jpg
    P1080069.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 18
  • P1080073.jpg
    P1080073.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 17
  • P1080009.jpg
    P1080009.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 19
Put on new front tire & brakes and went on a night ride...

Attachments

• vmax night.jpg
    vmax night.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 27
Got my shift side rearset mounted. Will need some fine tuning to get it to my liking. Debating if i want to run stock or reverse shift pattern. I kinda like the idea of trying the reverse pattern. Eventually i think ill have them powder coated black. Too many other pressing issues to worry about to do it now, lol.

Attachments

• CAM00124.jpg
    CAM00124.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 32
Finally figured out my erratic charging problem. Positive lead from R/R to battery had a corroded in line fuse holder on one side causing a bad connection. Replaced and charging is now 14.3 V.

"Finally figured out my erratic charging problem. Positive lead from R/R to battery had a corroded in line fuse holder on one side causing a bad connection. Replaced and charging is now 14.3 V."

As I recall, Mr. DANNYMAX had a similar problem recently, and the cause turned out to be corrosion at the fuse terminals of one his bike's circuits.

Both these instances emphasize the importance of a tried-and-true troubleshooting technique - Look for the SIMPLE things first !
Cheers!

Diagnosed and repaired the no fuel pump operation with reserve switch.
Last spring I had low fuel light, turned to reserve, engine died shortly after. Luckily I was only a couple miles from gas station and cycled the ignition switch to run fuel pump and get some gas to carbs.
I started by checking the on/res switch. Found no continuity in either position. I removed switch assembly and took switch apart and found a corroded contact on the fixed side of the switch. Only one was corroded the others clean. It was a black carbon like corrosion that I just sanded off with fine sand paper.
I reassembled with a little dielectric on the contacts and all is good.
Glad that's all it was and a little surprised because mine is a late model, '06 and always stored warm, clean, and dry.

I put on the D-3 grips that I had gotten from Sean last month. I did have to do some modifying. The silver piece on the left grip I had to cut down, and there is a bump by the right grip, to set the factory throttle. I had to grind that down a bit.

Attachments

• P1000231.jpg
    P1000231.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 36
  • P1000230.jpg
    P1000230.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 35
Did a test fit of my belly pan... found a couple clearance issues with my rearsets and the #2 head pipe. Nothing some careful cutting and grinding wont fix :biglaugh:

Attachments

• CAM00125.jpg
    CAM00125.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 23
  • CAM00126.jpg
    CAM00126.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 24
Back