What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fire bolt, I got the same clock and thermometer on EBay recently. Mine have white faces, and are sitting right next to the bar clamp, due to the drag bar being shorter. Seems like my thermometer reads a bit low, but the clock works fine. I've got a set of Formotion gauges on the Roadstar. I like the thermometer better than the one on the Max, because the numbers are larger and easier to read. Still, a great deal for around 11 bucks.
Yeah I think my thermometer is a little low too. Can't tell you how many times I've needed a clock! Had to silicone the faces in. They didn't fit right enough.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So did I. Glad you figured it out.. Forgot to mention it. My buddy put a set on his new Royal Enfield, his got the silicone treatment, too.

Yeah best 11 bucks I've spent on her - OH that lever on my right grip was 20 bucks. "Cruise control" doesn't get much simpler that that, and its a wrist saver on those long straight aways!

Bill if I cant find a way to calibrate that thermometer, I might pop it out and put a compass in it - I'd probably use that more anyway!

Stocks were loud? Are they drilled out?
The baffle plates are there, but since you can see the stock rivets have been replaced with some type of studs, I don't know what was done to them internally. They do sound louder than my older set.

Been thinking about getting frame braces. I have progressive rear shocks and front springs with the forks lowered 1" in the triple tree. That has helped the handling, but I still get a lot of flex in the turns. Looking at holeshot and exactrep braces. I like these from exactrep (see pictures), but they are very expensive. Anyone have them and can comment? Are they better than holeshot for reducing flex? Look like super nice billet braces. I realize that is where the high cost comes from.Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170529-225712.jpg
    Screenshot_20170529-225712.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20170530-211247.jpg
    Screenshot_20170530-211247.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 23
Those otec braces are sweet for sure!
We also have frame braces available ($225 raw or $275 coated) that are a clamp on design.

Attachments

• Gloss double tube frame brace.jpg
    Gloss double tube frame brace.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7075.jpg
    IMG_7075.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Satin double tube frame brace.jpg
    Satin double tube frame brace.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 18
I worked on some more parts today. Making your own stuff is hard, but at least I'll know I did the whole thing myself.

I've been chasing an idle and general crappy running issue. Pulled the carbs and completely disassembled them and cleaned them. They weren't bad... rode it, ran crappy. Pulled the coils and they checked good. New plugs didn't help so I ran it and measured the temperature of the header pipes and found the front right was dead. Scratches head and wonders if there is a torn boot or two. Removed carbs and vboost and although there were a couple boots that were on their way to being cracked through none were bad enough to cause the issues I'm having. :ummm:

So I do a compression check. :bang head:

Worst was the front right at 120, the best was 175 front left.

Guess I'll stick with the street glide this year and call Sean in the fall for some parts so I have a nice winter project. :damn angry:

That's a pretty big spread. Before you consider the engine toast I would do a valve shim lash check.

Thanks Sean. I was going to contact you before I go too much further. She's on the shelf for now. Me and a buddy are going on a bike trip tomorrow. Calgary to Vancouver, head south until we get to the Mexican border then head east for a bit. 12 or so days on the bikes. Then I have to finish my jeep, it's getting a lift and 35's and has been on jack stands for a couple months. Max is in line after the jeep though! Encouraging that it may not need a tear down though! I thought that was weird with the amount of miles it has...

Thanks Sean. I was going to contact you before I go too much further. She's on the shelf for now. Me and a buddy are going on a bike trip tomorrow. Calgary to Vancouver, head south until we get to the Mexican border then head east for a bit. 12 or so days on the bikes. Then I have to finish my jeep, it's getting a lift and 35's and has been on jack stands for a couple months. Max is in line after the jeep though! Encouraging that it may not need a tear down though! I thought that was weird with the amount of miles it has...
If you take I-5 through Oregon let me know. Got a beer and sandwich for ya in Eugene.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Hey thanks! We were thinking the 101 would be a nice ride but if that changes I'll let you know.

Hey thanks! We were thinking the 101 would be a nice ride but if that changes I'll let you know.
Ride on! Even if you take 101 I'm only 45 min to an hour from Florence, a little town on the coast.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

PM me your number and I'll give you a call when we get close. Very gratious offer!

:eusa_dance:New tire day!!!!!!! Burned the old one till it decided to stop holding air, and put a new one on to replace it!!!!! And a new sneaker on the wife's v star 1100. I love new tire days!!!!!:punk:

Gave my Venture Royale some love today. Fixed the battery low level warning light and replaced the clutch lever switch which I'm hoping will solve my cruise control issue.

Back