What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished up priming the bellypan, side covers, and front fender. Going to finish the tail section this evening and give them all a last fine sanding. Then I paint them next weekend. My new faux tank cover is getting closer, so I should have that to paint as well.

I was also, just informed that Bikesponsors.com has paid for my fuel sending unit, and it is on the way. So I'll have a nice working fuel gauge next summer.

thnx bud. its now closer to the stock rear size than the rear is! heh.
Rear? Oh, maybe you mean now the "front is closer than rear"? My Verge is more than a inche shorter; 25.81 vs. 24.61, I'll eventually have to do something about the speedo setup. In any case I'll be interested in seeing what your feelings are about the Advance.
I really haven't had a chance to fully get a feel for the Verge's yet but what little I have ridden then I cannot wait for more time! The steering is seemingly so much quicker that I'll probably take out one of my two fork lowering springs this winter when I redo the seals.

I painted my bellypan. I think the bike will turn out just fine.
The color I ended up choosing (test run on the bellypan first) was satin black.
I'm going to have some decals made in gloss black to go with the black on black graphics look.

A yamaha logo on the new faux tank where the originals went. "Yamaha" along the side of the bellypan, and "VMX12" on the sides of the tail section.

Here is the designs I'm going to go with.

yamahalogoe.jpg

I hit a milestone:
Z8QR1.jpg

And celebrated by installing Fat Max bags that I got used (thanks paulibiker!). The quick release shield should push my season into December for toys for tots and I get stuff home without stuffing it in my jacket now too :)

Before

During

After (perm installed quick release bracket only)

After (bags and all)

They look pretty good for luggage on a muscle bike. Glad I got the quick release though so I can quickly snap em off if I'm ever especially concerned about looks. This took like 6 hours but most of it was re-routing the turn signals to the license plate and crimping/heat shrinking the extended wires.

I install new running lights and turn lights today.

Attachments

• P1000451.jpg
    P1000451.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 28
  • P1000469.jpg
    P1000469.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 30
I have installed the AIS valves and non progressive RaceTech springs selected for my weight, with Sean Morley's adjustable end caps in the front end. Morley airbox and jet kit, UFO headers and cans. V Boost switch, custom radiator thermostat. Things are improving. Next progressive 440's with the ais valving and a seat.

installed rotors from a 97 and busa calipers:biglaugh:...still waiting on braided lines........:bang head: took off the master cyl and prepped it 4 the rebuild kit.

Completed another Holligan ride with the VMAX Riders of Michigan, around 200 miles in perfect weather. We only have a few more weeks of riding here in Michigan so we are trying to take advantage of every chance we get, usually 8-12 VMAX's and the occasional Honda V65 Magna.

Rear? Oh, maybe you mean now the "front is closer than rear"? My Verge is more than a inche shorter; 25.81 vs. 24.61, I'll eventually have to do something about the speedo setup. In any case I'll be interested in seeing what your feelings are about the Advance.
I really haven't had a chance to fully get a feel for the Verge's yet but what little I have ridden then I cannot wait for more time! The steering is seemingly so much quicker that I'll probably take out one of my two fork lowering springs this winter when I redo the seals.

nah i meant a 130 front width is closer to the stock 150 rear width than the 190 i have on there now is.. haha sorry for the confusion. my rear verge still has some life left so its not changed yet but will let u know.

Starting to collect my mod parts for this coming mod season. I have a set of Gen2 style Carbon Fiber scoops in the mail to me. Should be here in the week or so. :eusa_dance:

Mike

Shipper called, bike arrived today.

I'm going to pick it up tomorrow!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::rocket bike:

NICE!

finally got mine back on the road. the 130 tire is nice. it also eliminated my slight wobble (probably from a worn front tire).

the 130 makes it a tad less nimble but once its leaned it feels more sturdy. interesting. not much room to spare tho. pic attached. (thats a 6mm allen key for perspective).

Attachments

• IMAG0855.jpg
    IMAG0855.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 39
Shipper called, bike arrived today.

I'm going to pick it up tomorrow!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::rocket bike:
Good for you G! Glad you'll be getting a Vmax under you soon!:punk:

NICE!

finally got mine back on the road. the 130 tire is nice. it also eliminated my slight wobble (probably from a worn front tire).

the 130 makes it a tad less nimble but once its leaned it feels more sturdy. interesting. not much room to spare tho. pic attached. (thats a 6mm allen key for perspective).
That is tight! But good that it fixed up the wobble! I hope it works well for you G!

You have the larger forks, so on mine I would have a bit more clearance. Good to have options!:eusa_dance:

Good for you G! Glad you'll be getting a Vmax under you soon!:punk:

That is tight! But good that it fixed up the wobble! I hope it works well for you G!

You have the larger forks, so on mine I would have a bit more clearance. Good to have options!:eusa_dance:

i'm not sure thats the case since the fenders are the same?

hooked up my new galfer front brake lines....installed front MC rebuild kit.

waiting on more parts:rofl_200:....i may finish this project by xmas:rofl_200:

Purchased a Sync Pro gauge on eBay for $77.00 and synchronized the carburetors, carb 2 was way out of wack!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Got the bike inspected by the local people and it flew through inspection. Then went to the licensing office, paid my dues for a year and got it registered! Plate starts with 1FZ so I'm thinking of calling him Fuzzy :)

Went home, took off my carbs and cleaned them. Pilot circuits were clogged, otherwise they weren't bad at all. Ordered a few o-rings etc from Sean :)

Took off my rear wheel and mudguard (I have to paint the new one but it needs fitting first) and took off my fuel tank. Ready to put in the bigger tank next!

got me sum of them cool 2 finger clutch and brake levers like KJ has...those are farkin sweet:punk:....bled my front brakes ....omg those galfer 2 line setup was a son of a bitch to bleed.....i ended up having to loosin the banjo bolt on the MC to get em to spit all the air out......i wish i would have known that b4 hand:rofl_200:. sweet jeesus i have brakes now!!!:punk:

Back