What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to be starting the tear down of the gen 2 hopefully tomorrow. It was delivered to the shop with a seized engine.

Later on tonight, I'll see if I still have a large picture of your bike back when we were playing around with the rake. Putting the infinity mirror on it would be cake.

I got a little sidetracked, here is the full bike picture. I took the liberty of removing the gas station and cleaning up the pavement a little.

ap3h.jpg

Thanks buddy, it looks cool, I'm really gonna try to have these become reality. I really appreciate your time KJ to do these for me. And like I said, after you sent me the drawing with the knee plates designed like flames, I finally just did those myself but these are gonna require some type of housing to give them the depth we'll need to do them. So, keep me posted if you come up with any type of housing you can. And I'll let you know what I come up with too. I would at least like to see if it can happen. Thanks again, Ed

Thanks buddy, it looks cool, I'm really gonna try to have these become reality. I really appreciate your time KJ to do these for me. And like I said, after you sent me the drawing with the knee plates designed like flames, I finally just did those myself but these are gonna require some type of housing to give them the depth we'll need to do them. So, keep me posted if you come up with any type of housing you can. And I'll let you know what I come up with too. I would at least like to see if it can happen. Thanks again, Ed

Ed keep us inform on this project. Im sure alot of peeps are interested

Well didnt do anything to mine....but over the weekend I did help John Blaid with his. If anyone has followed his post, he possibly lost a washer into the transmission case. The first thing that we did, was get it up in the air, and used water to possibly dislodge the washer. No luck. The used my air dryer (its 4 hp...AWESOME) still nothing, then used a sprayer, and used WD-40 to possibly wash it out, and still coat everything so it doesnt rust.

Nothing, so I dont think its in there (which is a good thing), and John will get everything back together.

On a side note John and his girlfriend, are GREAT people and I had a great time.

Attachments

• IMAG0749.jpg
    IMAG0749.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMAG0750.jpg
    IMAG0750.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMAG0751.jpg
    IMAG0751.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 32
I got a little sidetracked, here is the full bike picture. I took the liberty of removing the gas station and cleaning up the pavement a little.

ap3h.jpg

Wow that's sweet, man if had it. It would be park right in my living room.

Well didnt do anything to mine....but over the weekend I did help John Blaid with his. If anyone has followed his post, he possibly lost a washer into the transmission case. The first thing that we did, was get it up in the air, and used water to possibly dislodge the washer. No luck. The used my air dryer (its 4 hp...AWESOME) still nothing, then used a sprayer, and used WD-40 to possibly wash it out, and still coat everything so it doesnt rust.

Nothing, so I dont think its in there (which is a good thing), and John will get everything back together.

On a side note John and his girlfriend, are GREAT people and I had a great time.

THIS is good news.

Excellent! Glad to hear he is going to be back on the road soon!

Install the koso model RX1N speedometer today. Will finish up the wiring soon.
So far no problems.

Attachments

• P1030631.JPG
    P1030631.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 54
  • P1030637.JPG
    P1030637.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 55
Did some work on wiring up the A/F meter. Sized up new battery.

Attachments

• IMG_0145[1].jpg
    IMG_0145[1].jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0146[1].jpg
    IMG_0146[1].jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0144[1].jpg
    IMG_0144[1].jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 48
Ran the cable from sensor to A/F gauge. Routed it from the sensor up between the gas tank and battery box with 'brains' of the unit stored in excess battery box, room to spare. Sent some stuff off to Sean to be replaced.

Have built a trailer hitch for the bike so I can haul my trailer to Panama via Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica. Hope to paint it and mount it today.

WOW! Cool stuff youv'e got goin' on. I'm jealous as Hell. Please start posting some pics of your bike and adventures. Where about in Canada do you call (ed) home?
(if from Toronto, I'll understand why you won't own up to it, given recent events)
Cheers!

FOR ALL - check out this guy's personal site, "About me":eusa_dance:
TELL ME THAT HE AIN'T GOT IT MADE!

Well i had posted a couple of weeks back, that when I would switch to reserve the bike would die. Well it turns out that that the reserve side of the switch was corroded, and not sending any electricity.

Here are before and after pics...and here is a thread that helped a LOT!!!

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=17272

The pics are taken with the phone, so the quality isnt great....but you can see the difference in the before and after pics. Also worked on the starter switch while I was there.

Attachments

• IMAG0754.jpg
    IMAG0754.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMAG0757.jpg
    IMAG0757.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 34
Back