What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a whole thread for the Delkevic slip-ons. I think an Australian guy posted videos from the side and behind with and without the baffles. They do sound good, and I like the look of the short cans.

I finally was able to put some time this long weekend to get Redbone out for a ride. It was a short 75 mile shakedown that went pretty well and felt even better to me to get back in the saddle!
My R/R upgrade seems to be a success as I'm getting 13.6v at idle and 14.4 @ 3k.
Made up some brackets to move the front turn signals off of the mounting point for the Givi windscreen. The Rizoma zero 11's couldn't be tightened enough to effectively hold the windscreen in place. Setup seems to work although I noticed that one turnsignal was a little loose after the ride, should be a easy fix though. Another benefit from this is that I took the time to move all of the turnsignal wiring out of the headlight shell since it was a bitch trying to get two headlight relays, 2 turnsignal resistors with all the associated wires in there, but now it is much better.
I also finally installed the Dynabeads that I first forgot after installing the Carrozzeria wheels, not much if any change as the Shinko Verge tires seemed to have been perfectly installed the firs time.
I still need to install a voltmeter (on it's way) which also has a dual usb (1a and 2.5a charging ports) but not sure where exactly. It has a surface mount which may work on top of the tach/ water temp bezel or I can separate them to mount individually.

Technically it was yesterday, but whatevs..

FINALLY synced my carbs after a looong time of saying I was gonna.
:clapping:
Using my uncles homemade carb sync device.

The good news, is: they werent far off ..
the bad news is : they werent far off.. ;)

I was hoping that this would cure my low RPM stumble/studder. (which isn't really all that bad, but noticable ..to me)

And to be honest, it DID help to some extent. Definately smoother/stronger in the lower R's now. :punk:

And, yes, I will get the carbs completely goe thru one of these years, which I know she needs.

Anyway, I know we all enjoy pics, so, here ya go:

PS New Englanders: (95spfld/Twisted/Dr.n2) I'm itchin to ride w/ya again -;) Balancing Wife/work/weather & kids can be tough.. :confused2:

T

Attachments

• sync1.jpg
    sync1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 29
  • sync2.jpg
    sync2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 31
  • sync3.jpg
    sync3.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 30
There's a whole thread for the Delkevic slip-ons. I think an Australian guy posted videos from the side and behind with and without the baffles. They do sound good, and I like the look of the short cans.

Seen those vids on you tube and wondered if he was on here lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know his name by chance do you?
He lives in the same state I do... Might message him to see if he wants to come for a ride...

I looked through the delkevic threads and couldn't find him or it

Nah didn't on YouTube and couldn't find a thread with his blue max in it

I washed my bike for the first time in a year!
I also installed a Ram X-Grip phone mount and a battery tender harness with the USB adapter and cable to power my phone. Awesome mount!

Got my carbs Dannymax'd + new fuel lines, fuel filter and bottom carb boots. Need a sync but running great now. Very happy, money well spent, carbs run and look like new. Thanks Dannymax!

Sean

Change some of my lights to led lights, and playing with install some led lights around the head light and radiator. I was shock at the amp draw the bulbs light was pulling.

Attachments

• IMG_20140528_100359.jpg
    IMG_20140528_100359.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20140528_100514.jpg
    IMG_20140528_100514.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20140528_100605.jpg
    IMG_20140528_100605.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 34
I made a decision today about Woona, and what I shall be doing.

I shall start building my Max into a touring bike.

I do not need all the power in the world, and I find myself needing something that has LONGER legs, and can carry more stuff.

Some may say I should get a Venture of a Goldwing... but I love my Woona too much to give her up.

It's amazing what a little bit of thought while riding will do.

Back