What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not troubled w/that here!:biglaugh:
images

I'm thinking more than one cow was harmed in the making of this suit:eusa_dance:

Like the steer who say, 'eat more chicken,' when they see this fellow go by, it's, 'wear more cotton!':rofl_200:

Im thinking we could take this guy at the track with the superior aerodynamic advantages that most of us posses! lol

We must respect the many of the Lords beast that sacrificed their humble hides for our safety.
The many many beast.
The many of a large herd.
A very big humble beast herd for a very very big racing suit.
Either that or a Macys float balloon was stolen.

May not look like it but cleaned the garage today

Now can get all the Way to the back & got every bike running

& my son rode his ttr 90 all day

IMG_20150329_174831561_zpskswjpux8.jpg

Yes I have issues......

soon I can wash therm

IMG_20150329_174821818_zpsmqplzxh3.jpg

Brought her out from along side of the house today. Put back in the battery and fired her up.. After burning out that oil that I put in the cylinders for winter storage, she was sounding good. Took her for a quick spin around the area.. Now it time to get all the parts I collected during the winter for this gal.
New wires and caps, Iridium plugs, 2 coils, Stock needles, back brake disk, new pads all around, stock pipe replacement, radiator hoses, Starter clutch checked. I think that's it (for now) :biglaugh:

*counts the bikes in 71's garage*

*is officially jelly*

Got Woona out of storage today. Felt good to just go for a ride, even if it was only a short (30 or so miles) one.

As some of you might recall I got robbed last August when what I assume was a troop of meth heads walked out with a verified $130k+ of tools and parts through the hole they ripped in the wall of my shop. Got to say my spirit and will to complete my own "perfect V-max" walked out with them. There was no rhyme or reason to what they took (took plastic rear fender but left extremely rare '60s muscle car magnesium race rims?!?)

Well after refusing to even visit the boarded up tomb or this forum for several months, I find I just couldn't stay away. This of corse ment when I did come back I was subjected to a 45page marathon of catching up. That was enough to satiate any lust for about a week. I might still have been satisfied if I hadn't come across a listing on alaskaslist (our private version of craigslist) for a 1988 vmax with 21k on the clock and 2800obo as the price.

Make a short story longer, I bought it and I'm now making arrangements to retrieve it. Add me to the list of fools who own more then one model of the same bike.

Started the '01 without issues. Put all the tins back on so it looks like a real bike. Bled the front brake for about an hour, but gave up on getting a really nice hard lever. I think I might pull the bleeder and wrap it in teflon tape.

The big thing is that it looks like a bike again and is RUNNING!!!! What an ordeal. I'm going to ride around the neighborhood tonight for a little shakedown (after Kim comes home just in case).

As some of you might recall I got robbed last August when what I assume was a troop of meth heads walked out with a verified $130k+ of tools and parts through the hole they ripped in the wall of my shop. Got to say my spirit and will to complete my own "perfect V-max" walked out with them. There was no rhyme or reason to what they took (took plastic rear fender but left extremely rare '60s muscle car magnesium race rims?!?)

Well after refusing to even visit the boarded up tomb or this forum for several months, I find I just couldn't stay away. This of corse ment when I did come back I was subjected to a 45page marathon of catching up. That was enough to satiate any lust for about a week. I might still have been satisfied if I hadn't come across a listing on alaskaslist (our private version of craigslist) for a 1988 vmax with 21k on the clock and 2800obo as the price.

Make a short story longer, I bought it and I'm now making arrangements to retrieve it. Add me to the list of fools who own more then one model of the same bike.
Welcome back.. Always nice getting a new bike, well unless the last owner gotcha...

Yesterday I worked on getting the motor ready to paint. I took today off but I did order a new set of tires and the new battery for it.

Attachments

• 20150331_163814.jpg
    20150331_163814.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 20150331_163758.jpg
    20150331_163758.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 19
Tightened up a bunch of stuff that was loose/not installed. I also tried to bleed the front brakes again. The lever seems pretty good, but when I come back 20 minutes later it travels to far. Maybe it's a function of the FJR master and single busa caliper? (probably not)

Tightened up a bunch of stuff that was loose/not installed. I also tried to bleed the front brakes again. The lever seems pretty good, but when I come back 20 minutes later it travels to far. Maybe it's a function of the FJR master and single busa caliper? (probably not)

Thats possible. Ive ridden on 2 Vmax with the R1 calipers, and the stock MC and the lever will only move about 3/4 of an inch until the brakes lock up. The FJR MC with the R1 calipers was supposed to make the calipers more responsive. So maybe with the busa caliper the lever will move further? With my adjustable levers and FZR 1000 calipers, my levers will come back to 1.5 inches from the grip. I like mine like that. That way if I want to apply a little bit of brake...I can...or I have the option for a lot of brake.

Finally got the new UFO Megaphone installed. I have the 1.5" opening, sounds pretty good. I had to cut off about 2" of the pipe that goes into the muffler, for some reason it was too long to get mounting bolt to line up. Shouldn't effect if I want the Slash-cut back on. Hopefully one 1st road trip, my right ear won't be ringing with or without ear plugs.. After just one year, I know my hearing is not what it used to be.... Last is I went to put on new bike cover, said it fit.... No so back to dennik kirk for a larger one.

Put new plugs in, mity-vac'd the clutch and brake fluid, cleaned/oiled the air filters. She's about ready for the maiden ride of 2015!

Finally got the new UFO Megaphone installed. I have the 1.5" opening, sounds pretty good. I had to cut off about 2" of the pipe that goes into the muffler, for some reason it was too long to get mounting bolt to line up. Shouldn't effect if I want the Slash-cut back on. Hopefully one 1st road trip, my right ear won't be ringing with or without ear plugs.. After just one year, I know my hearing is not what it used to be.... Last is I went to put on new bike cover, said it fit.... No so back to dennik kirk for a larger one.
On the bike cover, once you find on that fits, could you please report back as to the brand and size. That way another one of us doesn't have to go through the same aggravation that you went through.
I like the look a megaphone exhaust pipe, I guess it reminds me of the stockers look. I hope your ears stop ringing, on local ride I ride without ear plugs but on longer rides or on a trip the earplugs are mandatory.

Back