What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally added my powder coated clutch parts for the BLING BLING!!!

Changed my oil too along with this change out...

More pics in my album: http://www.vmaxforum.net/album.php?albumid=1270

Before: After:

picture.php
picture.php

Sweet will there be any raffle items like this at thunder my wallet is burning a whole in my pocket !!

I've had the OTEC cases on my bike for 2 years now. Nothing in the line of cases, but I do have some really nice items donated from our Thunder Sponsors.:punk:

Hi guys, what i did to my Vmax today was actually last Thursday but...I BOUGHT ONE!! always wanted one and now i'm the proud owner of a 2000 with 29k miles. its pretty much mint condition besides a scratch i found on the air box cover. wheels, scoops, sissy bar powder coated black and tins are that carbon fiber looking decal/paint. New rear tire on it Saturday and it already has a stabilizer installed on the front fork. dyno sheet on it is 121.8hp supposed to be bone stock. been rainy and crappy around here since I got it but was able to find some dry roads and put about 120miles on it so far.

Welcome and congrats on your new bike. Anything you need whether it be questions or parts you can find here.

I out magnets in all the bobbins on my brake disc. Soon I might be able to tell how fast and far I've gone. Sometimes I wish I'd just kept the stock speedometer and gotten that 8-led shift light. Still might do that.

Her you go biker dash.....the best i can get with my phone....... item number 131509002225 on ebay just paste this number in the search engine on ebay uploadfromtaptalk1431390779566.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431390800407.jpg first pic is brakes on and second is running light....east install 40 min in my garage.....i love the look so clean and bright led

Yup....daylight pics.....I also bought the coolant sensor he has....turns the cooling fan on at 20 degrees cooler than stock.....never goes past half on the temp gauge!!

Those look to be daytime pics too... VERY nice. I shall go check out the seller

BikerDash. I have that taillight. I cut the wires to get it apart but there is plenty left to reconnect them. It's yours if you want it. Perfect shape. Just PM me your address. No charge.

My wife made me get rid of it because she followed me home one night and said she couldn't see me from more than a block away.

I did the CBR conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I know there is a cool factor to having something 'stealth,' there is also a safety factor from having some visibility. Especially at night, I want to 'be seen.'

During the daytime, your average bike is visible to the alert driver. Factor in dark colors, the ever-popular black bike, and the rider's choosing an apparel/wardrobe which is also black, and on a hazy day, or around sunrise or sunset, your conspicuity can literally vanish.

For the reason that to be seen is to be recognized, and to be avoided, I will keep my 'ugly' stock rear lighting appliance. I also wear a nearly-all white helmet, and if you see two riders riding side by side maybe 1000 ft in front of you, one wearing a white helmet and the other in a black helmet, the black helmet rider almost vanishes. The white helmeted rider remains much more recognizable as being a motorcycle rider, even at that distance.

Style over visibility? I want to be seen, and to be recognized. Those 'eyebrow' lights do look cool though.

BikerDash. I have that taillight. I cut the wires to get it apart but there is plenty left to reconnect them. It's yours if you want it. Perfect shape. Just PM me your address. No charge.

My wife made me get rid of it because she followed me home one night and said she couldn't see me from more than a block away.

Mailing address sent

While I know there is a cool factor to having something 'stealth,' there is also a safety factor from having some visibility. Especially at night, I want to 'be seen.'

During the daytime, your average bike is visible to the alert driver. Factor in dark colors, the ever-popular black bike, and the rider's choosing an apparel/wardrobe which is also black, and on a hazy day, or around sunrise or sunset, your conspicuity can literally vanish.

For the reason that to be seen is to be recognized, and to be avoided, I will keep my 'ugly' stock rear lighting appliance. I also wear a nearly-all white helmet, and if you see two riders riding side by side maybe 1000 ft in front of you, one wearing a white helmet and the other in a black helmet, the black helmet rider almost vanishes. The white helmeted rider remains much more recognizable as being a motorcycle rider, even at that distance.

Style over visibility? I want to be seen, and to be recognized. Those 'eyebrow' lights do look cool though.
Well, I shall be replacing the rear reflector with a bright red LED, so I should be OK
Also, there is a nice little thing I saw in Dennis Kirk that boosts current to LEDS, making them even brighter

Latest posts

Back