What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raised my front end up a half inch. Steering too fast with the radials and upsets the chassis with a rediculous ease. Almost makes me miss the bias plys, lol.
I understand completely, I took an inch out my Progressive fork spring drop but glad I didn't take the other spring out now. LOL, I don't miss my bias ply setup at all!:biglaugh:

Where to start, where to start?

Today - rode it to work - nice ride....
Yesterday - changed out all DOT 4 fluids. The clutch reservoir had sludge! : bang head... Also ended up spinning all of the clips on the front floating brake rotors
Last week - Moreley's front end adjustment, ufo front fork brace, synthetic ATF fluid in front forks, lowered front forks 3/4"
Last month - LED headlight bulb, oil change and progressive springs AND bought my 2001 CF VMax!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I ran it long enough for thermostat to open and continued to fill as needed. Today, I tried burping again with no luck on seeing any more air bubbles. Temp still higher than it was. Starting to think the previous coolant was keeping her just a bit cooler. I know full well that this is being picky but as my friend likes to say, I am ate up with it and seriously OCD. Which is all true and translates to me obsessing over this. Any help/advise on lowering the temp or even what the previous purple coolant was, would be greatly appreciated.
My guess would be "purple ice" made by royal purple.

Took Woona out toy shopping for UBM's annual Toy Run coming up this Sunday.
Picked up this for some lucky kid.
(Some kid will be happy, some parent will be PISSED![/i] lol)
7a3621148933bb958ab6d999dd8e3af0.jpg

Broke in my new Digi sync.. Love it so far..bike seems to be running pretty rich, guess I will try 147.5s this week and see how she runs, it might be the end of the riding season before I get the carb setup right...

I did both bikes, it took them longer to warm up than to sync. Money well spent.

I did a rainy day project I've been putting off. Replaced all OEM mounts with Delrins. It gave me a chance to tighten up all important frame hardware
and solve a little oil leak issue I've had. I'm hoping for some dry pavement tomorrow for a nice test ride.
Steve-o

I did a rainy day project I've been putting off. Replaced all OEM mounts with Delrins. It gave me a chance to tighten up all important frame hardware
and solve a little oil leak issue I've had. I'm hoping for some dry pavement tomorrow for a nice test ride.
Steve-o
I may put my delrin mounts back in this winter, I have noticing some vibes in the pegs with the aluminum mounts in there now.

Had a few dead LEDs on my reflector replacement light. So I bought a SIGNIFICANTLY brighter unit, but found out it was wider than I thought. Played with bondo for the first time and ended up doing a real nice job of filling the reflector recessed area, then sanded and painted. New light is mounted and wired and my visibility to cagers behind me went up. Now I just need to work on getting out and riding more!

Did the Toy Run yesterday. Good number of bikes out there considering the threat of rain.
While at the Civic Center in Augusta, another V-Max owner found my bike, and we talked a bit about our bikes.

Afterwards, I found his bike, an 06, parked on the other side of the lot. Looked a bit rough, and he did say that he was hearing some noise from it. I never did get to find out just what the noise was, whereas he was not there at the moment to fire it up.

I did notice something though. Had a bias on the back, and a radial on the front. Yeah... I worry for that bike, and the rider as well. Something tells me that he does not take good care of his ride, and something is gonna end up failing him. I just pray it doesn't end up in a wrecked bike and a severely injured (or worse) rider.

That's a shame BD.
An 06 should still be in excellent shape if it was even half way properly maintained.
And hopefully his lack of maintenance doesn't cost him his health or even his life.

cleaned off the dirt and grime from riding in the rain, put on a little wax and drove it more............had a guy come in the shop, is that your old vmax out there, I said yep, he said little slow by todays standard is it not? I said, only by a few, and I do not want to ride anything else, get on one and try it, but not mine... it leaves a lot of the "new bikes" in the rear view mirror... bwaaahaaahaaa

Rode around again today looking at bikes. I found the one I want. Big, massive bike, but it actually fits me quite well.

I suspect I shall not have very many more rides on the V-Max. The Max is one HELL of a bike, but it has proven to be more than I want in sheer power, especially how she likes to put that power down in an insane manner lol

Rode around again today looking at bikes. I found the one I want. Big, massive bike, but it actually fits me quite well.

I suspect I shall not have very many more rides on the V-Max. The Max is one HELL of a bike, but it has proven to be more than I want in sheer power, especially how she likes to put that power down in an insane manner lol
Not a Hardley Ableson?!?!

35jygz.jpg

Latest posts

Back