What I love about my Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ViciousCycle

Reaction score
Had a tough, hot day at the chemical plant today. Nothing worked right, etc.
Left work on the Max and took it easy while it warmed up. Stopped for gas, then rolled out easy on the throttle up to about 30 mph, then cranked it wide open. Burned rubber all the way to redline, then grinned the rest of the way home.

My max might not be the fastest bike on the planet, but it sure gets rid of stress in a hurry!

ViciousCycle said:
My max might not be the fastest bike on the planet, but it sure gets rid of stress in a hurry!

Ditto!!

The Max pushes all the right buttons for me too. I have finally convinced myself that I am NOT Valentino Rossi. I don't do the race-replica lean anymore. I have slowed down a bit in the curves. Not to say that I have given up all delusions...... The Max delivers a cruiser attitude with more lean angle than the typical V-twin, feet forward barco-lounger.

I really do like the attitude of a cruiser. Still, it has to have some bite to the bark. The Max is there. Torque? I'm addicted to it.

Man-o-man. If I rip thru the first 3 gears using the "oil light" as a shift point? I will be smiling! Even my wife see's it. V-Boost?.... It's contagious....

It's tough to beat the Vboost addiction, thats for sure. The few times my father and I have swaped bikes (he has a VTX 1800c) I just don't feel right with the forward controls and lack of top end.

Nope, I think I'm going to be happy for quite some time.:eusa_dance:

Eventhough my Max is mostly stock the T-boost mod really makes it a kick in the butt. Torque is addicting and so is the boost. I also have an old, "slow", and very black ZX-11. If I had to give up one of these bikes( and thank God I don't) I would porbably keep Mr. Max.
Lew

"You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist's office"

Rolling thru the gears on my Max thru that Hindle pipe just makes all my cares go away. Sweet music!

Lew, I somehow doubt that old ZX-11 is all that slow! :cheers00:

I like that it keeps going and going........

Turned over 100K miles last weekend and it still rips - puts a grin on my face every time I wind it up.

1FK00 said:

Turned over 100K miles last weekend and it still rips - puts a grin on my face every time I wind it up.

WOW 100K You need to start a threat detailing your experience the 1st 100K. Any failures ? How many valve checks & adj ? That is some thing very special. Please post them up !:bicycle:

1FK00 said:

I also would like to know what preventative maintenance are you doing ?
with the miles I am putting on my max 24k since January 04,I hope to get 100K.
________
volcano classic

Last edited:
Oil and filter about every 3000 to 4000 miles. Not a lot of PM otherwise. It needed one valve shim at about 50k. When it was newer it needed a new rear tire every year, about two seasons for the front. Also clutch plates every other year.

The only mechanical failure was the water pump seal at about 70k. A fair amount of electrical problems though. The Vboost controller died and made the servo go all the way open and stripped the gears. The MAP sensor failed. It went through two stators before I realized that the regulator was overloading them. A few years ago the ignitor dropped one cylinder - did the replacement deal with RMSportmax. And last summer the fuel pump gave up the ghost. It sounds like a lot, but spread out over the years it didn't hurt too much. It's not particularly clean, I would rather ride than wash. Now that I'm selling the FZ1, I will spend more time on the Max. Oh yeah, and those stinking valve cover grommets leak, all 16 of them.

In the end it's all worth it, I mean, it's a Vmax!

http://home.comcast.net/~smurph2/3863827/P1013114.jpg

What I love about my Max???

Simple.... Rolling up on bike night and seeing all those eyes turn at the same time and the fingers start pointing my direction.

They're not giggling at a kid on a miniscule crotch rocket... they are gawking at the guy with the Gorilla Sized Gonads riding up the Legend!!

:rocket bike:

When I was 15 I stared at it as a neighbor rode one down the street. I dreamed of the day....

The day has come, 23 years later.

Just commanding the beast is a thrill!

Mike

I love the rumpty tumpty sound of the open v-boost all the time at idle, and love the guys that come up to me with "war stories" of V-Max's of the past when I go to bike nights with it.

The main thing I love about the vmax is it's versitility. This may sound strange, but for me, it's the Jeckyl & Hyde of motorcycles. Stripped down for wild city streets riding or set up for long highway cruising. For me it's two bikes in one.

:thumbs up: Mike

I love that it's so unique - I swear I must have the only one in this county. Everybody else rides either Harleys or crotch rockets , & they all look & sound the same. I came out of a store last week & a guy in a brand new Mustang was waiting for me to tell me storys of how bad-ass Vmax's are. Then a smokin' hot brunette walks by & tells me what a beautiful bike I have. I've had more comments on the 'max in 2 months of ownership than all my other bikes combined. And I never have to brag - everybody else says it for me.

I also find it funny that it seems like every Yahoo in a car they think is fast tries to race me...but other bike riders never mess with me.

Mike

Hrmm what I love about my Vmax....

It could be the styling home run they hit back in 85.
It could be the unique sound they make.
It could be the smooth power.
It could be the theraputic properties.

But what I really like about my Vmax is... It's Paid for:banana:

I like two things:

1) The knowledge that not much short of the word of God can pull up next to me at a red light and have a chance. :)

2) How everybody from Harley riders to guys in a Lexus look over at me and give me the thumbs up.

That is REALLY cool.

Regards,
Tom

I like that its not the quickest or fastest buying the quickest fastest bikes around is easy done that for years ....after a while it gets old ...and theres nothing special about it .... anyone can do it with very little or no money down....buying the right bike is the hardest trick of all... after owning over 15 metrics and two harleys i took a chance and bought a max...after hearing that the max does nothing well from the ride to handling to comfort .....well i find it very smooth... handles very well a lot better then i thought and has more then enough power..after every ride i say boy what a machine....very happy with my choice....plus it dont hurt that it reputation is bigger then godzilla

Back