What other bikes have you raced against and won?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on your definition of a "race."

:whistlin::whistlin::whistlin::whistlin:

Nice try Clay
Chris

I knew it would get you to post :rofl_200:

No harm intended Chris. IMO, I think a 10mph roll-on can be a race. Especially when you got 100lbs less on me:whistlin: All in all, I was just glad that you never past me til I let up at 120 and I now know my Vmax runs pretty good too.:clapping:Thanks again for coming down and riding with us. We need to do it again sometime. Although I think it would be best to stay out of Arkansas for your benefit!

btw...let me know what your dyno results are and good luck!

.:cheers:

Last edited:
My '93 is bone stock save for needle shims & a T-Boost.
I beat: A M109, Triumph Farm Tractor Rocket III, A bunch of Harleys, Katana 1000. I recently laid waste to a 600hp EVO too.
These were rolling start races to about 125mph or so.

The V-Max seems to be the constant in a benchmark for sport cruisers. All are compared, none quite stack up. I do however like the Rocket III a lot, and wouldn't mind having one for a full out cruiser and keeping the Max for short trips and what not.

Most enjoyable was a $40,000 Texas Chopper with a S&S engine. I played with him up to 100 then said 'Good Bye'. Two up on mine. His chrome nazi type helmet kept falling over his eyes. But his Buddy on a Gixxer said 'Good Bye' to me. Dave #3505

Eighth Mile Drag Races Recent

2007 Yamaha FZ1000 Slip on and power commander
Kawasaki ZX7R
Hardley a Vax Reaplica Over Done
Some Home made jobber with a Katana 600 on NOS

Lankee - I was just thinking about running at the local track on Wed. nights just for fun - first I need a new clutch (PCW) & slave cyl - then I need to learn how to launch - I know there's posts here on how to do it - I'm just not there yet - my learning curve is slow, but it sure is fun - I wonder who will challenge me tomorrow morning - now riding to work is an adventure !!! - gotta watch for cops though - I have a CDL for work & can't afford to lose it - +1 to no cops at the track - maybe I'll see that loud Vrod in the AM...

I have a Slave Cyl on EBAY now I took off my 2003 with under 10K on it last I checked the bid was at 6 cents with no reserve It ends Saturday late afternoon

Word of advice

Dont mess with
ZX10's 12r's and dont even think a ZX14R
GSXR's 1000 1300r Hayabusa
FZR1
CBR 900 1000R
Ducari 999R
Roll ons are tough at 55MPH and up the VMAX just doesnt pull hard in this area unless you have NOS

The onlyway you wont make a fool of yourself is if your sitting at a red light next to them if you know how to launch a VMAx Just gas it up 65 when you hit 2nd better let out and act as your done becuase by this time they will be all over you like white on rice

VMAx Just gas it up 65 when you hit 2nd better let out and act as your done becuase by this time they will be all over you like white on rice

Right, as all the bikes you mentioned don't start pulling 'till then, and none get out of 1st 'till around 100.

600 k

cant find the post about.... who have you raced latley or something to that effect... so but anyway....lined up against a bike tonight on the highway at about 90 pulled it pretty hard after i backed off he pasted and went for it again let him get ahead then opened it up, ran him down and passed him at 135 140 slowing down to take a look at what it was..it was a kawasaki 600 said k6 on the side must of been and older model because i had no problem pulling away or running him down....

Mine is bone stock,and i try 2 drum up every race i can. I'll start with my favorites 06 zx-14 dropped raked streched 7in power commander and piped. first 150' his ass was mine. 96 zx-11 best friend our record is him 2 me at least 25 1/8 mile. 94 1100 katana dropped and streched 5" open header twice in a row. two 03 gsxr 1000's both piped. 1 busa piped. Everything smaller and every cruiser bike.

loses. zx-14 of course. 2 streched busas.gs1150 suzuki 1380 kit barely pulled me on far end. rider is at least 75
% i dont lose the hole shot and it better mean to catch me!

I'll revive this dead thread, Did a search on homemade slip ons and came here.:ummm:

Amazingly, most of the time a Crotch Rocket comes flying up on me, they pull in behind. Guess the legend lives on.

I seldom turn down a race but as richwrench mentioned they're getting tough in Pinellas County so gotta be careful.

I've only beat one that was noteworthy. An 06 Yamaha, YZF -R1. The guy spent half an hour telling me all he had done to it, how much horsepower it made and it was the fastest thing on the planet. We took a ride around Tampa Bay, getting off the interstate south of the Skyway Bridge. We hooked up on US-41 North with him getting the jump. I was in third gear when he blew past in 2nd. I dropped a gear and went all out. I could see that as we got up in speed I was catching him. I blew him away when we hit 125 and his speed dropped off. He didn't talk to me much after that and I heard he sold the bike in a couple weeks. Think he was afraid of the speed cause I've never beat another R1.......:biglaugh:

I was racing an 08 Busa w/full exhaust, power commander and K&Ns from a 30 mph roll on my 09 Vmax last fall. We were side by side up to 140 mph and then he just slightly started to pull and I shut down cause we really were not on a good enough road. The second time we tried with same results except his buddy on an 01 Busa shot between us at 100 mph leaving us for dead. I heard the pop pop of his air shifter as he went by. LOL The 01 Busa runs in the very low eights in the 1/4 and has modded heads and cams, full exhaust and power commander. I did run a ZX-10 on my Tourmaster a couple years ago, he wasnt even close to hanging with me. Of course the usual V-rod or two. My 09 has the Catsass, K&N and Maxtuner at the time. I now have a Power Commander and ready to go again. LOL rick
Note: I have ran my Tourmaster against my 09 - not even close. But, against a bone stock 09 my 1500 hangs right there. Not faster, but I can stay right on his tail.

Ya, that R1 must have backed off, since even a stock R1 will eat a Gen1 no problem. I've raced both an 02 and an 06 R6. The 02 is easy...not a total blowout, but I'm steadily putting distance the whole time. In the very top end he'll start to catch up again when Mr.Max gets the speed wobble or starts running out of steam at around 135-140. The newer R6 definitely seems a bit faster, and catches me faster(and will eventually pass) in the top end. We were both screaming at WOT, I was at around 135, creeping toward 140 and he walked by me probably going 145 or 150. Whenever we're riding and we pass a slow car, I always have to back off when I'm behind the 600's even if they downshift and I don't.

Some punk ass 7 year old pulled up next to me on a tricycle last night... smoked his ass....

Back