What the HELL!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Reaction score
I bought an Actron multimeter yesterday, a $15 cheapie. When I opened it up there was a tag on the black probe wire that reads:

"Handling the cord on this product will expose you to lead, a chemical known by the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Wash hands after handling.

So now I'm reluctant to check my COP's without complete Level C protective gear....and I CERTAINLY don't dare leave this device in a room full of laboratory rats....it'll kill 'em for sure!! :bang head:
And, why is the State of California bogarting this information, it's important....they should pass this stuff around!! :biglaugh:

It'll come as no surprise that this product was "Fabricado en China"

I bought an Actron multimeter yesterday, a $15 cheapie. When I opened it up there was a tag on the black probe wire that reads:

"Handling the cord on this product will expose you to lead, a chemical known by the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

So now I'm reluctant to check my COP's without complete Level C protective gear....and I CERTAINLY don't dare leave this device in a room full of laboratory rats....it'll kill 'em for sure!! :bang head:
And, why is the State of California bogarting this information, it's important....they should pass this stuff around!! :biglaugh:

I dont know about the rest of the states, but I hear that this is Pattersons way of weeding us NYers out so he can win re-election easier!:biglaugh:

I dont know about the rest of the states, but I hear that this is Pattersons way of weeding us NYers out so he can win re-election easier!:biglaugh:

Yer onto somethin' there Dreamster cause you know he "can't see the forest for the trees!!" :rofl_200:

That was mean wasn't it!! :worthy:

Yer onto somethin' there Dreamster cause you know he "can't see the forest for the trees!!" :rofl_200:

Ahh, but was that statement made before or after you touched the Lead? :clapping:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I could put my dog on the ticket against him.......and my dog would win.....:biglaugh:

But it would go to his head.....:biglaugh:

It`s for liability purposes Dan.
the material prolly has a small amount of lead in it and every one is looking for a lawsuit (especially in California)
And here in California they recomend that you do leave it out for the rats LOL:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
<<Dave>>:biglaugh::biglaugh:

It`s for liability purposes Dan.
the material prolly has a small amount of lead in it and every one is looking for a lawsuit (especially in California)
And here in California they recomend that you do leave it out for the rats LOL:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
<<Dave>>:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Makes sense Dave...I'll trust you on this one....although, I'm pretty sure I see a little hand growing out of my forehead....AGH!!!!:smhair:

The paranoia now over lead is another massively over-blown non-issue. For decades people used lead pipes, lead paint, lead was in everything. Except for the slow kids who ate paint chips, everybody was fine even though they were exposed to probably hundreds times more lead than people now. The only reason it has gotten so hyped up is that lead is a cumulative toxin, as in your body cannot naturally get rid of it. So now everyone is in a panic that they have a fraction of a gram of lead in their body and needs to buy expensive de-tox pills and go see expensive doctors. Never mind the fact that lead is primarily an alpha particle emitter, and about 99% of alpha particles can be stopped by a piece of paper. Only an extremely tiny percentage would even make it though your clothing, and none past your outer skin layers. So this non-issue is even more of a non-issue for the average person.

So us sue-happy Americans decided to sue everybody and everything associated with lead in our lives, and now they all have to put warning labels on anything containing even a trace amount of lead in it.

+1 on that! Remember those things we used to read called newspapers? They had such a high lead content from the printing process it wasn't even funny. Yet in the UK, for a long time they would wrap your fish n chips in newspapers so you would have some thing to read over dinner.

Talk about lead poisoning lol..

Latest posts

Back