What year Venture motors?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PATMAX

Reaction score
I am sure someone here knows the answer to this question. What year 1300cc Venture motors are the same as our V Max motors? I am thinking 1987 to what year? Anybody? I am thinking of a Morley Muscle upgrade. Thanks Patmax [email protected]

the venture line of engines were never the exact same as vmax there are many differences between the two,such as high compression pistons ,camshafts,valves , valve springs, heads and gear ratios on the gear cluster.carb jetting or vboost,there were no 1300 cc vmaxes that were stock from the factory . best to you all buckridge

Thanks Mike, that is exactly the info I was looking for and hoping to hear. Also thank you to Buckridge for his input. I probably should have been more clear in my inquiry. I know the Venture is detuned and geared differently. What I should have said is "they share the same architecture and our Vmax parts can often drop in for a free increase in displacement eg. Carbs, heads, cams, gears and probably a bunch more are compatible for swapping. Buster, feel free to kill this thread. Patmax

Even then, even some of the later 1300s have some compatibility. I know of a a few guys running the 1300 Royal Stars ('96-'01) that have slapped Vmax cams in them to give a little bit more...as it is the same engine in the later Royal Star Ventures and Royal Star Tour Deluxe, it cane be done with them, as well...but it is not as needed as the later Ventures and TDs got bigger carbs (28mm to 32mm) and an airbox double in size.

Latest posts

Back