What's the Best Sissy Bar Bag?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conman

Reaction score
I just got my hands on an OEM backrest and luggage rack and now I'm wondering what the best option is for a bag.

It NEEDS to be waterproof and I would really like it to be able to hold a full faced helmet. Obviously it also needs to be secure on the back of the bike. I don't mind removing the luggage rack if need be to fit a bigger bag. It needs to allow the passenger to still use the rest comfortably as well.

Does anyone have any recommendations from good experiences with their setup?

Also pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Connor

Last edited:
I was looking at those but again I didn't want to pull the trigger without hearing how it works of the vmax..... Do you know if that will fit with or without the luggage rack?

The Kuryakyn Mini Grantour looks like it fits well also.
I don't know if it will hold a full face helmet though.
The pictures below are from someone's Max on another forum.

Attachments

• Kuryakyn Mini Grantour on Vmax-1.jpg
    Kuryakyn Mini Grantour on Vmax-1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Kuryakyn Mini Grantour on Vmax-2.jpg
    Kuryakyn Mini Grantour on Vmax-2.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 42
I have a t bag with top role. I believe it's the super t if I remember correctly. Works fine with or without the luggage rack. Not sure if a full face helmet would fit or not but it does expand so I can't see why it wouldn't. I can give it a try if you like.

Does anyone have a pic of the KURYAKYN 4141 GRANTOUR GRAN mounted up?

I have racks on both my maxes, so don't know if it works without one- It has an adjustable wide strap on the back that goes around the backrest pad, and is adjustable for different size pads. Mine slides right over the back rest and stays put without any additional straps, etc. I love mine, it's kinda ugly, but does what it needs to do, and takes all of 30 seconds to remove if needed. I used that, and a carry-on sized soft bag on the seat behind me on a recent week long trip, and had plenty of room.

I have racks on both my maxes, so don't know if it works without one- It has an adjustable wide strap on the back that goes around the backrest pad, and is adjustable for different size pads. Mine slides right over the back rest and stays put without any additional straps, etc. I love mine, it's kinda ugly, but does what it needs to do, and takes all of 30 seconds to remove if needed. I used that, and a carry-on sized soft bag on the seat behind me on a recent week long trip, and had plenty of room.

Chopocor could I get a pic of the setup on your bike please?

Thanks for the pics, how much extra space is there with a helmet in there? I'm really just looking for the smallest bag that I can stuff a helmet into.

Thanks for the pics, how much extra space is there with a helmet in there? I'm really just looking for the smallest bag that I can stuff a helmet into.

Not much, lol! Couple pairs of gloves and a sweatshirt stuffed in the helmet, but it does have outside pockets that hold quite a bit for their size.

Alright thanks for the info... it sounds like that'll be the one I go with.

Although now I'm second guessing myself and wondering if the Ultra tour bag isn't the best option. Does the gran tour fit the 1st gen vmax well as a driver backrest?

Back