What's the best way to control heat?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your IN MN and your having a problem with heat?

I'm in FLorida and I don't have a problem with heat. And I Sit in bumper to bumper stop and go traffic for an hour in 98+ degree temps.

Overheating can be a symptom and not a disease. Are you running real lean, old coolant, system needs flushing, bad stat, bad fan, or maybe even a gauge that's lieing to you??

Do a complete analysis of all the variables, find out if/why it's running hot.

Hmm? I should have given more info. I have no problems w/ overheating. all systems go. bike runs completely normal, I just don't like the fact that fan only turns on w/ the needle being way on the high end of temp guage. this is the v-max norm from what I gather,, I would like to alter the factories norms by interferring w/ temp at witch fan comes on ect. iether by fan over-ride or themostat altercations ect..... this beast bleeds heat like a stuck pig from between my legs,,,thus cooking my calfs like a tater...lol...

Hmm? I should have given more info. I have no problems w/ overheating. all systems go. bike runs completely normal, I just don't like the fact that fan only turns on w/ the needle being way on the high end of temp guage. this is the v-max norm from what I gather,, I would like to alter the factories norms by interferring w/ temp at witch fan comes on ect. iether by fan over-ride or themostat altercations ect..... this beast bleeds heat like a stuck pig from between my legs,,,thus cooking my calfs like a tater...lol...
and other areas:rofl_200:..... wire up a bypass switch to manually turn the fan on at will. :punk:

A Borg Warner fan switch (p/n TFS545) will kick your fan in sooner. A Stant thermostat (p/n 13758) will open at a lower temp than stock.

A manual fan switch is the way to go- no need to mess with the stock thermostat or anything like that. When I get into traffic I just flip it on, and the needle will never rise beyond halfway up the gauge, even in 90+ degrees.

The aluminum fan blade definitely blows more air than the stock plastic one, so that's worth looking into also.

Back