Wheel installed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evil-Seed

Reaction score
Had to stuff it in and use the washer swap but still rubbing a bit. I have a 190/50/17 on there.... but I think I am going to go down to a 180 when I have to change.

Now onto the front. BTW, the offset looks bad in the picture, but it really isnt that bad.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 144
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 137
is the swingarm notched? make sure it doesn't rub too much is all.

is the swingarm notched? make sure it doesn't rub too much is all.

It is notched which is why I am lost as to why. I have plenty of room on the right side, but rubbing a little on the left. I will mess with the pivot bolts but cant see how that will change much.

The 180/55 fit my unnotched swingarm with about 4-5 mm to spare, with Metzler z6 17". You might be able to move the swingarm over a little bit. The rubbing, like mentioned, would bother me.
Steve

The pivot bolts won't change the wheel relationship to the swingarm. It will only help center the wheel to the chassis but it will also change the relationship to the driveshaft which probably doesn't have any room left for you to adjust the arm over.

What year wheel did you use? We are going to need a newer R6 pattern done which looks similar to yours. We've already got a conversion wheel in there but it's from a different donor so it's not going to match the new front end we're working on.

Sean

The pivot bolts won't change the wheel relationship to the swingarm. It will only help center the wheel to the chassis but it will also change the relationship to the driveshaft which probably doesn't have any room left for you to adjust the arm over.

What year wheel did you use? We are going to need a newer R6 pattern done which looks similar to yours. We've already got a conversion wheel in there but it's from a different donor so it's not going to match the new front end we're working on.

Sean

Steve used a CBR 600 F2 from what looks like an 02 ish(?) I am not really concerned (at this time) about having two different wheels because I am going to run USD forks which will eventually change the front wheel.

Sean... any update on making your own wheels? I was thinking about going with a 6" stretch, would you be able to notch for a 190?

I think we can get a 17" (or maybe other conversions) done now. I am not 100% sure on the pricing but it should be in the $750 range or less with a few donor wheels needed. Still the best deal by far is the Carrozzeria wheels we have.

We don't usually end up nothcing for the stretched arms since we offset the swingarm to get the wheel better centered. Most of the time the notch isn't needed depending on the wheels offset. The 200/50-18 on the Carr fits perfectly with it that way.

Sean

I think we can get a 17" (or maybe other conversions) done now. I am not 100% sure on the pricing but it should be in the $750 range or less with a few donor wheels needed. Still the best deal by far is the Carrozzeria wheels we have.

We don't usually end up nothcing for the stretched arms since we offset the swingarm to get the wheel better centered. Most of the time the notch isn't needed depending on the wheels offset. The 200/50-18 on the Carr fits perfectly with it that way.

Sean

I just thought of something.... If you can do an R 6 with a 5 sopke...that may work because I would like to do an yamaha R1 front end.... Let me know.

Going to be selling a wheel real soon! It is a 17x5.5 and will not work for me. If you want to run a 180x55x17 or something a little smaller, I have your wheel.

I am selling because I want to run a 190 and the offset is not there for me. The wheel with powder coating cost me $723.00 and I will part with it for 350.00

I have less than 10 miles on it. I will of course remove everything except the bearings.

Damn, just as fast as it went on....I took it off. So now it's out of commission until I get things moved back to stock. Going to run a 170/80/15 until I figure out what is up

Last edited:
Back