Wheelie Wobble anyone?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

latheboy

Reaction score
New to my max here....
Its a 1991 with 53k miles. New tires, front and rear. I have never touched the front forks...yet. They are flush in the triples. At slow speed, high speed, whatever I have no wobbles. The steering stem bearings seem to be in good condition. I do get one slight wobbles tho, in this instance.... If I roll on it hard in first, or second, and let the front end come up a small amount, say 6-8 inches....when the front wheel comes back down I get 3 or 4 pretty good shakes felt thru the bars. My 1st inclination is that I need more weight on the front wheel, and the racetech kit up front for sure. Any suggestions?

New to my max here....
Its a 1991 with 53k miles. New tires, front and rear. I have never touched the front forks...yet. They are flush in the triples. At slow speed, high speed, whatever I have no wobbles. The steering stem bearings seem to be in good condition. I do get one slight wobbles tho, in this instance.... If I roll on it hard in first, or second, and let the front end come up a small amount, say 6-8 inches....when the front wheel comes back down I get 3 or 4 pretty good shakes felt thru the bars. My 1st inclination is that I need more weight on the front wheel, and the racetech kit up front for sure. Any suggestions?

Welcome.
Has it had the Furbur fix done to it? Check out the VMF links for some great info. :thumbs up:

You can do it without the aluminum spacer too.

Welcome.
Has it had the Furbur fix done to it? Check out the VMF links for some great info. :thumbs up:

You can do it without the aluminum spacer too.

Yah,John will even tell you,Its not actually his washer but correctly setting the bearings that fixes it.

I did adjust the steering head bearing. It seemed to help some. I will leave it as is until this riding season is over. This winter I will install the racetech kit with emulators.

Back