Which 4-2 exhaust ??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharky

Reaction score
Putting aside all personal opinions on the vendors, is there any major differences between the various headers ?? :confused2:
Marks, V&H, UFO, Voodoo etc ?? :ummm:

I understand the mufflers play a large part in the final tone (I'll be creating my own supertrapp cans), its just the headers I'm interested in right now...

Not a vendor war but...I wanted a Marks in stainless and can of my choice adapted so i went with the Muscle hybrid Marks then had them coated. Stainless and fit was super. I did have a few weld splatters but that is what the dremel is for and prior to coating. Very happy with the quality, price, fitment and performance/sound I was looking for. Just my 2 cents

I don't think you could go wrong with any of the major headers. Marks is pretty easy to deal with if you want pipes without cans. Not sure if any of the other major manufacurers would want to spli the system up.

Agreed, The primaries are close enough to the same that you can use whatever makes the most cost effective sense.

Got realistic prices from both voodoo and marks for unpolished, no mufflers.
Marks is about $100 more.
I'm thinking marks as he is a genuine vendor whereas I'm aware of conflict between voodoo and ufo and really don't know who to believe.
Whatya reckon......spend the extra on marks ?

Here's a pretty good video of the Voodoo 4 into 1 with a Supertrapp can:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap-yki8yjwU

And the 4-2 with Slash-cuts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMfzB2MBFac

What is mark asking for just the pipes ?
Ebay has the Voodoo 4 into 2 with slash-cuts listed at $550:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VooDoo-1st-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a8d843b98&vxp=mtr

If you sold those 2 slash-cut cans for even $150-200 that seems like a good deal.

You'd have to talk to someone that actually has the Voodoo pipes to see what the quality is like though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I saw those mate but it bumps up the price to pay upfront and its tight enough as is...

Marks is $650US for headers, Voodoo is $455.

Shipping is around $120-140.

At Paypal exchange rates to Aussie $ Voodoo comes in around $650 Au, Marks $870.

I've emailed Voodoo and he says his st/st is good quality and 16gauge (1.25mm)

Gotta sell a few more bits on ebay and I'll be ordering the voodoo system.

Ok....final decision made...

Having looked at all options I've decided to build my own. As I've lowered and stretched mine my concern is gtound clearance and fit.
So I've bought the old 4-2 vance and hines off ebay as a pattern.

Agreed, The primaries are close enough to the same that you can use whatever makes the most cost effective sense.

That my friends , is useful and cost saving information. Shop around for your best deal on headers , pick the best can for your performance / appearance / sound application.

So , based on that , Marks pipes sound comes from the cans , not necessarily from the headers.

That my friends , is useful and cost saving information. Shop around for your best deal on headers , pick the best can for your performance / appearance / sound application.

So , based on that , Marks pipes sound comes from the cans , not necessarily from the headers.
Hmm, I think Mark's crossover pipe has a little effect on it's final sound.

Got this in the post today...the Vance and Hines headers off evilbay.
Im thinking as its V&H it should be pretty good. ..
What do our resident experts think ?
I'm going to fit it as is for now but might copy it in st/st further down the track.

Attachments

• tmp_20140411_174856-1-519005920.jpg
    tmp_20140411_174856-1-519005920.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 60
  • tmp_20140411_174911-11722175740.jpg
    tmp_20140411_174911-11722175740.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 52
Love it!! Can't wait to get mine on the bike.

Positracker - quick question...I bought these used, anything I need to know for install?

Thanks

I agree. Love my Holeshot 4-2. They've been on the bike for many years and about 20 miles. They still function, look and sound awesome. Get the jet kit and air filter too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back