windscreen for Gen I

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdxvmax5257

Reaction score
I'd like to put a medium sized windscreen on my bike. Maybe chest / chin high. I don't want just the little cowl cover that comes up over the speedo. I don't really want a "fairing" that extends out over the grips either.

What have any of you found like this?
A picture and a "where to get it" would sure be great.

Thanks!

I use a memphis shades classic duece. Its adjustable, mounts on the handlebars, and works great. Dannymax had one to sell if your interested.

I have a Memphis Shade Hellcat windshield on mine and find that it works great. I did cut off about 2" off the bottom on each side so that I did not have to relocate the signal lights.

Mike

Attachments

• max1.jpg
    max1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 55
look at Gustafsson Plastics o.e.m. replacement screens in St Augustine FL. They have "plus inches" sizes for the stock V-Max windscreen/bug target.
bikescreen.com

An interesting site, they do custom work, and the prices are very reasonable, I have used them for years. I hope they never leave the field, if they do it will be motorcycling's loss.

I run a Memphis Shades Classic Deuce too, like it a lot. The one in the pic is for sale, I sold the bike and kept the shield.

Included with the shield are Memphis Shades signal relocator brackets....PM me if you're interested.

Attachments

• 100_2154.jpg
    100_2154.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 60
I like the clean line of this look. How did you cut it without messing it up? I'd have thought it would have cracked or hazed.
Todd

I have a Memphis Shade Hellcat windshield on mine and find that it works great. I did cut off about 2" off the bottom on each side so that I did not have to relocate the signal lights.

Mike

I like the clean line of this look. How did you cut it without messing it up? I'd have thought it would have cracked or hazed.
Todd

Put masking tape one side of windshield, drew the cut line and used a jigsaw with a fine tooth blade for plastic. Blade speed should be fairly slow too. Pealed tape off, belt sand the edge and done. Looks factory done IMO.

Mike

Thanks so much everyone, I appreciate it. The pics were very helpful.
I think I like the look of Mike's Hellcat best, so I'm gonna alook around for one of those.
Have a great weekend!

I bought the mini from Yamaha parts. Great fit. Cuts down wind, buffeting, big time. Yamaha tuning fork logo and wings embossed on lower portion. They still had them last time I checked

I have a Slip Streamer Spitfire which I like. Its a universal and the mounting is a little cheesy but it works great for me on the long trips when I want some protection. It was solid at speed and completely adjustable as to angle, height, etc. Here it is for sale on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SLIP...6206086QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Here it is from the front. If you have smaller signals, you can lower it down further:
IMG_0602.jpg

From the side:
IMG_0601.jpg

From behind:
100_3581.jpg

And because everyone loves pictures.....:
588422350_dsc02396.jpg

Either way, I think I got mine for like $40 or so and I like it.

Back