Wings and stuff

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The GTA guys can enjoy DUff's without crossing the border. One of my favorite wing joints and they just opened one up in Richmond Hill (just a few minutes from my house). Would love to meet up with other maxheads next spring.

I had the opportunity to try the Duff's wings in Toronto this year. The sauce was great but the wings themselves were chicken jerky.

There's plenty of outstanding wing joints here in Oshawa and the surrounding area but I enjoy the trip to Buffalo because I get to explore unfamiliar roads around Western New York, meet new folks, and enjoy less expensive fuel, food and lodging.

Cheers!

Blaine

The GTA guys can enjoy DUff's without crossing the border. One of my favorite wing joints and they just opened one up in Richmond Hill (just a few minutes from my house). Would love to meet up with other maxheads next spring.

From what I hear from my GTA friends is that the Toronto Duffs isnt' even close to as good as teh ones here

I think they are pretty good. One of my favorite wing places. I go to Rochester, NY a couple times a year. So, I'm going to have to take a detour to the real Duff's on the way in or out.

I Just checked the forcast for the Buffalo area. Saturday is sunny with a high of 52, Sunday is sunny with a high of 59.

Still have my fingers crossed about the weather. Starting to suspect that the weatherman isn't trustworthy...he was wrong about yesterday clearing up and it being sunny today. Nothing but rain! What's the world coming to when you can't trust the media, even for weather???!

Blaine

Weather man is still saying sunny and mid 50's saturday and sunday. I have to work saturday and I'm never sure of quitting time. If you were to be in the area, about when would that be?:ummm:

Weather man is still saying sunny and mid 50's saturday and sunday. I have to work saturday and I'm never sure of quitting time. If you were to be in the area, about when would that be?:ummm:

Hoping to be in Buffalo at lunchtime (12pm-1pm) Saturday. That way a fellow can have wings and still have time to ride a few roads. Going to find a place around Buffalo to spend the night, do a bit more riding late Sunday morning/early afternoon and then back to Ontario. Sorry I can't give you better details.

Blaine

Looks like a go for tomorrow. I will be in contact with the folks who gave me a phone number so hopefully we can at least hook up for a good scoff of wings! Hoping to arrive at Duff's around 12pm-1pm weather and traffic permitting.

Blaine

sunny and 44 right now, supposed to get up into the 50's and sun for the next few days

Blaine:
Glad to have had the chance to meet you guys today. Lots of decent weather still ahead, maybe we can hook up before the snow files. And Kathy & I meant it when we invited you guys to stay with us here on the way to Thunder next year.
Bill

Hey Bill it was good to see you again. Thanks for a great ride today Blaine. It was nice to meet you and Matthew. We will certainly have to do it again.:eusa_dance:
Tim

Hey Tim!

It was great meeting you and thanks for the awesome tour. Matthew and I had a great time. The pizza and wings at Pasquale's were top notch too! Thank-you for taking us out to meet Bill and his wife.

It was a blast enjoying the wonderful scenery, beautiful towns, and roads in your area and we'd love to do it again.

I'm posting some pics of the ride in the photo section of this forum.

Thanks again and safe riding!

Blaine and Matthew Williams

Hey Bill, Matthew and I enjoyed meeting you and your wife. Thanks for the visit and for your generous offer for Thunder in the Valley in 2011! Matthew is pretty excited too and is already talking about getting his own bike and he doesn't even have his motorcycle license yet!

Take care!

Blaine and Matthew

EvilD,

Thanks for the directions to Letchworth State Park. Sorry our timetables didn't match but hopefully we'll get to enjoy some wings and maybe some riding on the next trip!

Cheers!

Blaine and Matthew

Hey Blaine,
Your pictures turned out well. They're pretty clear for being in motion. Also very nice scenery shots.
Tim

EvilD,

Thanks for the directions to Letchworth State Park. Sorry our timetables didn't match but hopefully we'll get to enjoy some wings and maybe some riding on the next trip!

Cheers!

Blaine and Matthew

next time! Did you enjoy the route?

Hey Blaine,
Your pictures turned out well. They're pretty clear for being in motion. Also very nice scenery shots.
Tim

I'll pass the compliment along to Matthew...he's the photographer. He's also a great combination navigator/food critic as well!

Thanks again for the scenic tour. Your VMax made for some good action shots.

Cheers!

Blaine

next time! Did you enjoy the route?

Really enjoyed the route, EvilD. Saw beautiful colours, a couple of fall festivals in progress, passed through several small towns with streets all decorated for the Fall season. We also saw several whitetail deer and a couple of different types of hawk and a bald eagle.

Almost every room in Western New York was booked but we met several friendly/helpful people along the way who helped us find a room in Lakeville.

The entire round trip (Duff's, 20a, Letchworth, Conesus Lake, and our tour with tothemax93) was 560 miles which was a good pace for an overnighter. Matthew and I did a similar distance as a day trip and it was a bit much for 2-up riding and didn't allow enough time to appreciate the surroundings.

Looking forward to 2011 and another trip or two in this area!

Blaine

Blaine:
Glad to have had the chance to meet you guys today. Lots of decent weather still ahead, maybe we can hook up before the snow files. And Kathy & I meant it when we invited you guys to stay with us here on the way to Thunder next year.
Bill

Bill,

We really appreciate your hospitality. It was great meeting you folks. Also, Matthew asked me to relay his regards to you and Kathy. Hope you're up for a ride and some wings in 2011!

I'll pass your invite along to the VMax-ers my neck of the woods. An overnighter at your place sounds like a great plan before heading to Thunder!

Cheers!

Blaine

BTW, the wings at Duff's Sheridan location were awesome yet again. Based on the newspaper clippings on the wall at Duff's it appears Obama is also a fan.

Cheers!

Blaine

Latest posts

Back