WORKING Gas Gauge (Sneek Peak)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, we have the sensor length "just right" lol. Has to fit into the cavity dip at the bottom of the tank.

[QUOTE=Redbone "When I had the sensor out I thought for sure the sensor would bottom when I put it back in but it does not. I had to do a little seat base mod for clearance so it would fit properly."

I'M LOOKING AT THAT REDHEAD, IN THE KNIT DRESS, AND THINKING......

Too bad that Brian had to do mods to his "sensor", so that it would "bottom out and fit properly"
Did my train of thought get derailed here????

The sensor does not hit inside the tank. It does however require modification to the bottom of the seat pan to clear the connections on top of the tank.

How did that happen? Were you riding normally with the switch set to RES? Your fuel pump should have shut down, causing you to take notice..

The problem was, I was not near gas station, and used the trip meter - do not take in account on standing still traffic how much gas being used. I un-estamted the miles. 2 times for me on the vmax, I was out riding this year with about 14 riders, 1 of friend has a victory he ran out gas later in the ride another friend on a HD bike he forgot to set his trip-meter and ran out of gas. The reserve sometimes not enough to make it to gas station. On this ride I stop every 80 miles for gas to be on the safe side. Some guys did not get gas when I stop and some did.

So just me gas gauge is must have, nice to see for sure how much gas in the tank.

There has been few times forget to set it to.

The problem was, I was not near gas station, and used the trip meter - do not take in account on standing still traffic how much gas being used. I un-estamted the miles.

I guess I can see how that can happen.. Because I live in NJ, I'm never more than 100 miles away from ANY gas station. If I did, I can see how a visual reminder of the fuel level would be more handy.

Back