Yamaha fumble...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OU812

Reaction score
Hey all !
Got a new truck. A "no brainer" I thought...:th_hit: An 02' Vstar 1100 Silverado. Nice putt for a steal. I'd been missing the bags and storage since I booted the Road King outta the barn last fall.:biglaugh:
Anyway. Went to dump all the fluids and NEVER in all the bikes and years, have I experienced the lack of engineering flubs Yamaha made on the "oil filter" lacation on this whip.:ummm: Really.
In doin some research I found that there is a relocation setup available for this unit.
Next. " $200.00+... Don't think so...:worthy:
Iffin' anybody out there has a better idea OR has one of these units and wants to part wiff it, I'm open for buiss... Hate to spend that kinda $$$ when I could use the funds to fuel the Vmax for another 75 to 100 miles.:biglaugh:

Attachments

• 2011-05-24_06_40_35.jpg
    2011-05-24_06_40_35.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 46
I wanted to say (referring to the auto workers and designers from Ford,Chev etc.) Amercian Engineering at it's best! But that is not the case.... Damn! Stupidity is crossing the bodies of water now....
G

you have to take off the front header to change the oil but it aint that bad ,,only takes me a few mins.

Hah, funny story, bought my 1100Vstar awhile ago(2008) anyway wanted the oil changed by the dealer before taking ownership. Sooooo, they removed the pipes :bang head:and then noticed the relo-kit was installed:rofl_200:LMAO!!!
Dumbasses, got new exhaust gaskets though!! Pay ATTENTION!

Back