Yamaha Vmax exhaust smells like gas even though I got the carburetors cleaned and in synced

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batfish

Reaction score
good afternoon I got a 2007 Yamaha Vmax that was sitting for a decade when I bought it thankfully, the only thing it needed, was the contacts in the starter button to be cleaned and a new Cdi module to be replaced because it didn’t have spark That’s what the mechanic I took the bike to said and cleaned the carburetors synced them The engine runs good, but the exhaust smells like gas. Is this normal for Yamaha Vmax of this year to smell like gas from the exhaust? Should I try to sync the carburetors myself or do I take it back to the mechanic?

Kind of a ? question, if you know how to do it and you have the tool, why haven't you already? Did you wonder about the mechanic's work? These bikes are sensitive to the floats level, a wet-check is recommended.

1688102009535.png
VMax carb floatlevel bowl off.jpg

Replacing the OEM ignition module with a DYNA gives you a rev-limiter, handy w/these bikes, to keep from over-revving. What did he give you?

https://dn790009.ca.archive.org/0/i...ice-manual/yamahavmaxvmx12-service-manual.pdf

Back